Mayhem - Matty Healy

A/N - Matty adopts a puppy, Matty ends up back at the pet store more than he expected. Short, fluffy Matthew Healy x Reader sorta thing. (So, it was too late to incorporate any of this into I Know That I'll Lose, but let it be known that Matty getting a puppy did not go unnoticed by my writing inspiration. Have this adorable thing)

It had been three days since Matty brought a new puppy back to the studio. Three days of a black fluff ball romping about under their feet any time they tried to move from one room to another. George had tried to convince him that it wasn't a great idea to get another dog considering how little time he spent at home. But he regretted missing out on the majority of Allen's childhood and he was bound to London for the foreseeable future, so he figured now was as good a time as any to get a puppy. Things were going pretty well so far - Mayhem adjusted nicely to the new environment and he was a (mostly) welcome addition to the homely space of the studio. The only issue was that he didn't seem to be eating much. Or... at all. On the first day it was easy enough to assume that he had already been fed at the pet store and wasn't hungry, the second day could be put down to settling in nerves, but Matty was beginning to get concerned that he still didn't seem to want his food. Perhaps it was the taste? He figured that all dog food probably tasted fairly similar from brand to brand, but maybe not if you were the target audience.

"I'm goin' out, George." He shouted over his shoulder as he grabbed his keys and slipped his wallet into his pocket.

"Where?" His friend's voice called back down the hallway.

"Pet store to get Mayhem food. Make sure he doesn't destroy anything." He answered, about the pull the door shut behind him before he heard George continue.

"He's not my dog, Matt." He replied, the mild annoyance seeping into the tone of his voice.

"You own stuff in here too." Matty half-sung back. "Bye!"

The shop he had gotten Mayhem from was only a few minutes down the road. As he stepped up to the counter, he rehearsed one last time in his head what he had come in here for. He didn't want to seem like a bad dog owner, like it was something that he was doing that was resulting in his pet not eating. But he was quickly beaten to the punch as the cashier turned to face him. She gave him a curious look before the recognition flashed across her face. "You came in and bought the black cane corso the other day, yeah?" She asked with a friendly smile. He nodded in response. "What was it..." She frowned, clearly trying her best to remember. "Matthew?"

"Matty's better." He answered, finding himself returning the smile.

"And Mayhem, right?" She asked. He was mildly impressed that she remembered so many details from a fifteen-minute interaction.

He laughed lightly, "Yeah, that's it."

"How's he going?" She asked with excitement.

He went to start going on about how cute and playful he was - as he had to anyone else who asked - before catching himself. "Well, that's actually why I'm here." He started, pulling his mind back to the reason that he had walked in. "He just doesn't seem to want to eat the food that I had at home?" He asked hesitantly.