You Pick a Fight P1 - Matty Healy

A/N - Next prompt, next prompt, next prompt! Requested by @imagine-that-100​ on tumblr off the prompt liiiiiist :P

It was sweltering. This heat wave was borderline unbearable. But thank god George's parents place had a pool. After them asking George to housesit for the weekend while they were away, we all promptly invited ourselves over to take advantage of the circumstances.

"I am so keen to jump onto that giant flamingo thing." I declared as I stepped outside.

"Oh, really?" Matty asked with interest, sitting up in his seat slightly.

I flipped my sunglasses down to try and deflect some of the glare off the white pavement. "Been dying to all day." I confirmed.

He let out a low whistle, and I looked over to him to see a look of pure mischief on his face. "Well, you'd better hope I don't beat you to it."

"What? No!" I frowned.

"Yes." He nodded as he stood up.

"You just want it because I want it!" I debated loudly.

"You have no evidence of that." He chuckled as he walked around the edge of the pool and picked up the big pink floatie.

I watched in horror as Matty stole my flamingo and jumped into the pool. He came back out of the water with his short curls all stuck to his forehead, smiling triumphantly at me as he clambered onto the floatie. It was a solid minute of me staring at him, trying to calculate my next move. I could feel the other guy's eyes on me as they watched this unfold in amusement.

"Give me the fucking floatie." I said through gritted teeth.

"Make me." He shot back.

"You fucker." I growled as I jumped into the water after him, trying to land on the floatie and pull it down with me to get him off of it. Unfortunately, I missed, which just made Matty laugh harder. I tried then to flip it from underneath, grabbing the side of it and pushing up. But still, he held his balance.

"You done yet?" He smirked down at me.

"I could literally strangle you right now and no one would stop me." I said as I tried to think of another plan.

"Aw." He cooed. "I like it when you're romantic."

In the end, I had no plan left other than just to try and fight it off of him. "Give it!" I shouted as I grabbed the edge of it and yanked as hard as I could.

"No!" He shouted back.

"Are you two not nearly thirty? You're acting like children." I heard Ross say with a loud laugh.

"I fucking had it first!" Matty argued.

"Yeah but I called it first!" I pushed the point as he slapped my hands off the flamingo.

"Would you two just stop it?" Adam sighed.

"But Matty's being a dick!" I whined.

"Matty's always a dick." George pointed out.

"I wanted the floatie."

"Just go get one of the others." The drummer reasoned.

I let out a defeated groan, "Fine." I grumbled, before turning to glare at Matty. "But this isn't over."