59 | family

NEO CULTURE TECHNOLOGY
MAD CITY BASE
10:34 PM, SUNDAY

"Jeno." Doyoung sternly called out as soon as he ended the call with Johnny. The said boy raised a brow in curiosity, peering up from his laptop. "Yes, hyung?"

"I want you to scan the surveillance cameras around City 127 with Jisung. Now." Doyoung ordered before looking at Taeil, "Prepare a bed for Taeyong- it seems like they got attacked."

Jisung looked up from his computer screen instantly, concern washing over him, "Taeyong-hyung... what?"

Doyoung stiffened a bit upon hearing the youngest speak up; it was no surprise that Jisung would sound concerned, after all, Jisung is very close to Taeyong. Their boss practically took care of the younger ones– teaching them stuff that they weren't able to know as they had quit school early. Taeyong was like their foundation – the one who was there to watch them from behind, keeping them safe and secured.

Getting shot, stabbed, or whatsoever was normal for them as they do have to deal with dangerous situations most of the time, however, it was unlikely for Taeyong to get shot – unless, something was on his mind that got him distracted or he did it to protect someone he cares for.

"Jisung..."

A loud sigh left the young boy's lips, shaking his head as he stared back at his computer screen. Green codes were glinting in his dark eyes, fingers rapidly going over the keyboard. As someone who joined the mafia at a very young age, most of them assumed he would grow up to become very ruthless and cold towards other people, but since Taeyong was the one who took care of him most of time, it was actually the opposite.

Sure, there were moments Jisung would act different than usual, but that really didn't change the fact that the kid would always have a soft heart, especially those to people he was very fond of.

Jaehyun ruffled Jisung's hair playfully before patting his shoulder lightly, "Taeyong will be okay, Jisung."
The latter stayed silent, not wanting to ruin his mood more.

. . .

"I told you to be careful." Jaehyun murmured, gazing down at the blue-haired who laid down on the bed as Taeil treated him.

"I was careful– we were."

"Then what the hell happened?"

Taeyong sighed, eyeing Taeil's skillful hands as he patched up Taeyong's gunshot wound. With an eyebrow cocked up, "Hmm... I got shot... at least Johnny's fine."

"There, you're good to go." Taeil stated and backed away from the clinic bed. "But refrain from doing things that could put pressure on your wound– for now your should rest."

Taeyong scoffed lightly, "I'll be fine." He waves it off, slowly going down the bed.

"Where do you think you're going?" Doyoung walks in the medical room, raising a brow at Taeyong who he had just caught leaving his bed. "Taeyong, you have to rest."

"I need to check on Keiko—"

"Keiko's asleep, she'll wake up later. Besides, Renjun or Xiaojun will look after her anyways."