11 - I don't want to miss you

Author's note: A rather short chapter update but I'll make it up to you next chapter. Thank you for reading, voting and commenting. Means a lot to me. Enjoy~
*************

17th July 2022

Yuxin wanted to forget everything. She wants to escape from the reality. So, she called up THE9 for a house party. The members arrived after they are done with their respective schedules. Yuxin was already tipsy when they arrived acting as if she is fine and happy living her best life holding her whiskey cup. This is strange for the members because Yuxin has always been a quiet drinker. They have never seen her like this.

"Yuxin, are you okay?" Yuyan asked worried.

"I'm okay, I'm fine. Everything is perfectly fine."

Yuyan gave herself a mental note that Yuxin is definitely not fine. However, to please their friend, everyone started drinking and acting wildly. "Cheers!"

Yuxin has lost count of the number of drinks. Her head is banging. She started singing holding the necklace Kun gave her around the neck.

I want to see you; I just want to see you.

In the past and in the future, I just want to see you.

Travelling through thousands, tens of thousands of timelines and seas of people to be interconnected with you.

Using all my logic and ideas

To solve the hardest riddle of love,

Could it be that you are like me,

Waiting for the words, "I do"?
(Lyrics of Miss You 3000 by 831, also sung by Yuxin during second evaluation on YWY2)

Waiting for the words, "I do"?(Lyrics of Miss You 3000 by 831, also sung by Yuxin during second evaluation on YWY2)

"Its all a lie. It was all a lie." Yuxin started sobbing. Jiaqi, who was sitting beside her, shocked, hugged her friend. "What happened, Yuxin?" She patted her head consoling her.

"I believed him. How could he do this to me?" Yuxin muffled through her cries. They let their friend cry and waited for her to finish. Yuxin told them everything that happened.

Xiaotang spoke up, "Wow, I can't believe he did this. Bastard." Shuxin nudged Xiaotang and said "I'm sure he has his reasons. I'm not taking his side, but I think you should ask him for an explanation, Yuxin."

"No, I don't think I can see him. It is going to hurt me more hearing it in person. It's for myself." Yuxin said wiping her tears.

20th July 2022

Its been 3 days since she last heard from him. Yuxin tried her best to be preoccupied. She danced to keep her mind off things. Doesn't work. She told herself 'I don't want to miss you'. She went shopping. Doesn't work. 'I really don't want to miss you.'

Now, it was the last resort. She is in her studio playing with her piano. Then, the melody came. 'I don't want to miss you. I don't want to miss you. It's a lie. I really miss you.' She wrote a song for him because only through music she can fully express herself.

30th October 2022

D-day for the release of Beatholic. Yuxin spent the last three months focusing on her music and album. She kept herself busy with work. Finally, today she is going to release her new music after such a long wait. She is both worried and excited. She is going to meet her UMs soon.

As expected, once the music was released, it topped the charts.

"Wow, as expected of Liu Yuxin. The album is high quality."

"Liu Yuxin never disappoints."

"The center of THE9 serving."

"X Queen makes you crazy."

"I love Beatholic, but I also love I Don't Want to Miss You. The lyrics just hits home. Going through a breakup huhu."

"YUXIN WHO HURT YOU, UMs are always by your side!"

Yuxin is very happy with the reviews. The results don't matter to her. She is just happy she gets to do this and there are people supporting her along the way. UMs hold a special place in her heart.

 UMs hold a special place in her heart

************

For the past 3 months, Kun was busy attending award shows and variety shows. He has also been collecting evidence against his stalker. He found the tracking device under his car and obtained the cctv video in front of Yuxin's apartment. Since this is the second offence and including death threats, the stalker has been charged accordingly.

Kun has, of course, listened to Yuxin's album. He teared a little listening to I Don't Want to Miss You. For the past 3 months, his cowardliness took over him and didn't dare to see Yuxin because he broke his promise to do everything together with her. He has been trying to forget her. But the more he tries to forget her, the more he longs for her. Some nights, he would even think about driving to her apartment, knock at her door, explain everything to her and hug her. But, he dismissed all those thoughts.

After listening to her song, he couldn't take it anymore he wanted to see her. Yuxin is having her Halloween fan meeting tomorrow at the convention center. This is a perfect chance for him to see her, at least from far.

 This is a perfect chance for him to see her, at least from far