Chapter Thirteen

I'm sitting across from my gum chewing, bubble blowing sister as I hold an ice pack to my hand.

   "Would you stop chewing like that? It completes the whole hooker outfit." I snap and she smiles.

      "Really?" I was totally going for that." she says and I stare at her. "You're violating my body Scott." I say and she shrugs

"You're abusing mine so I guess we're even." She snaps and I sigh.

         "So was this why you wished to be me?" I ask angrily and she blinks

"What do you mean?" she asks and I glare

"Did you wish to be me so you can ruin my life, like you're doing yours?" I grind out angrily.

      "I'm not answering that question." She says angrily

"Why not? Because its true?" I say, she opens her mouth to speak but we're interrupted by the principal's assistant.

        "Mr Andrews will see you now." She says and I get up at the same time Scout does, and we both enter the office.

     "Can one of you explain what's going on?" Principal Andrews ask and Scout shrugs

"He punched Austin Schmitt." She says twirling my hair that's been curled.

       "Did Mr Schmitt do anything to provoke the attack?" He asks turning to stare at me and I shake my head

"So why the attack?" He asks and I smile

"The football team has a thing going like a friendly bet. You can ask Alex or any of the other team players, they'll confirm it." I say and he sighs.

        "Just when I think you guys can't cause anymore trouble you and your teammates prove me wrong." He says rubbing his forehead.

       "Detention both of you. I can't have my students punching themselves or dressing inappropriately." He says and shoos out of his office.

       "That was fun." Scout says smiling and I scoff before walking off.

       Moving towards my locker I see Stacy standing there and  I ignore her while I bring out my books

"Hey Scoutie.." She says and I snort

"In case you haven't noticed its Scott now." I say and she sighs

"You're mad at me aren't you?" She says and I shrug.

    "I'm sorry.. I was going to tell you." She says and I look up at her

"What'd you say?" I ask and she  wrings her hand "I was going to tell you?" She says more like a question.

       "You knew what he planned all along didn't you?" I say angrily and she swallows

"I didn't know he was going to take it this far, he just said he wanted to try stuff he can't do as a girl." She says.

      "You could've still told me Stace, instead you let him dress me up in that slutty outfit and go about kissing Austin. I called you up and you could've at least told me." I say and she looks away.

    "I can't believe you sucked up to him just to get closer to him." I say and she wince

"I'm sorry I wasn't thinking." She says as I close the locker and walk away.

         I'm sitting in literature class when I begin to hear the whispers

"Did you see what Scout wore today, always knew she was such a pretender. One starts

" She's always going on like she was better than us all." another says

"Guess she got tired of pretending to be so innocent." and it continues till I can't take it anymore.

          "Can I be excused?" I call out and the teacher nods quickly and I leave quickly grabbing my stuff.  On my way to the cafeteria I bump into someone and groan when I see who I bumped into.

       "Hey what's wrong?" He asks and I scoff "Like you don't know." I mutter and he frowns

"I won't be asking if I did will I?" He asks and I sigh

"Haven't you heard the whispers by now?" I whisper and he nods.

       "You knew didn't you?" I ask and he shakes his head and I snort

"I swear to you Scout I didn't know about any of this." He says and I shake my head

"You're his best friend he would've said something." I say and he shakes his head no.

         Another girl passes muttering about how I look today and her friend agrees.

   Sucking in my cheeks like I always do to avoid crying, I slump to the ground resting my back on the locker behind me and Alex does the same and moves close to me.

     "He's set out to ruin my life isn't he?" I mutter and he shakes his head

"No he isn't." He says and I scoff

"His actions proves otherwise." I say and he sighs before he brings out a cigarette and a lighter.

      "Want one?" He asks and I nod which makes him stare at me

"What?" I ask plucking out a cigarette from his pack and lighting it.

"I ask Scott that question every time and he always declines. The last time he tried he couldn't stand it." He says.

     "So? I'm not him, in his body yeah, but not him." I say through puffs of smoke.

"Since when did you smoke?" He asks and I shrug not  answering.

      "Don't you think this is drastic?" He asks again and I raise a brow

"What is too drastic? This?" I ask raising the cigarette up and he nods.

      "You're damaging his lungs." He says and I snort staring at him

"One cigarette won't do any damage to his lungs, and compared to him ruining my reputation, this isn't drastic." I say and he nods as the bell rings.

      "C'mon let's got." He says getting up and I sigh before getting up.

       "Buck up babe, the day's just beginning." He says just as the hallway fills with people, and I groan inwardly because he's right. The day's just beginning.