Blade of Marmora

Keith POV 

Me and Shiro arrived at the base and were greeted by two BOM members. They escorted us inside, one of them glaring at me the whole time. Once inside,  we found a few dozen other BOM members. "Greeting paladins. I am Kolivan, leader of the Blade of Marmora." The one in the front said. One of the guards who brought us in whispered in his ear, and he turned to us. "I thought we told you to come unarmed." "We did. And the lions are the closest we get to an ID." Shiro said. "I was not referring to Red." The agent who had been glaring at me tackled me to the ground, and took my knife from me. "H-hey! Give it back!" I said, squirming under his touch. "This is one of ours. Where did you get this? Did you steal it?" Kolivan questioned, examining my knife. "No, I've had it as long as I can remember." I said, trying to free myself of the agents grip. "Shiro, is this true?" Kolivan asked. "I-I don't know." "Shiro please, you know me. I'm your brother. I didn't steal it. Someone gave it to me." I pleaded. "Keith, where did you get this? Who gave it to you?" Shiro asked, glaring at me. "I-i don't remember. Shiro, its moms. That's all I know. Please, you have to believe me." I pleaded. Shiro shook his head. "That, that's impossible. You don't even remember our parents, how can you know this is moms?" "I just know! Shiro please, you have to believe me!" I cried. "No Galran has ever been to Earth. Leave. You are no longer welcome here." Kolivan declared, and the agent let go of me. "Fine. Keith, let's go." Shiro said, grabbing my arm. I wretched it from his grip. "No! I need to find out more! Shiro please! I don't know anything about our parents! This is my one chance to learn something! At least give me the chance!" "The only way is through the Trials. Only then will you gain the knowledge you seek." Kolivan said. "No! Keith we have to get back!" Shiro said, grabbing my arm again. "Fuck off Shiro! I'm doing this!" I growled, and he let go. "Fine. I won't stop you." Kolivan nodded. "Good. Get the red one a suit. Shiro, come with me."

The agent took me and outfitted me with a BOM suit, and gave me the knife. I was then sent into the first arena, facing a singular BOM agent. "Surrender the blade." He said. "Never." I responded. We charged, and so began my fights. 1, 2, 3, 4 agents against me. 5,8,9, on and on. I was in agonizing pain. Everything hurt. I needed to stop. But if I gave up, I would fail, and they'd take the knife. I couldn't let that happen. I needed answers. 

It got to the point where I could barely walk anymore. I wanted to give up so badly, but I couldn't let them take the knife. I needed to rest. I had noticed that all the agents came form moving platforms in the floor. Maybe they lead somewhere. So in my next fight, I threw my knife into one of them, and jumped down into it. I stumbled out of the elevator lift thing, and into a wide room. "I guess I really wasn't supposed to go through that door." I muttered. I took a few steps forward, and everything went black.

"Keith? Keith.. come on, get up." A voice said. Hold on, I recognize that voice. I opened my eyes slowly. "Shiro?..." I trailed off, and he smiled at me. "Yeah buddy, its me. You did good. Kolivan said you lasted longer than anyone else. But now its time to go." "What? No!" I said, sitting up. "Keith, just give them the knife. It's not worth your life." Shiro persisted, giving me the dad look. "No! Don't you get it? This is all I have of our parents. Of mom. I need to find out more." I said, struggling to stand. "Keith, no. Give u[p already. Just give up." Shiro said, his voice getting echoy. "Never!" I said, finally standing. "Then I can't help you. You're on your own Keith." Shiro said, walking out f the room I looked at the knife in my hand and sighed.  as much as I hated to admit it, Shiro was right. It wasn't worth it. "Shiro! Wait!" I called, after him, reaching my hand out. I tried running after him, but everything went black again.

I found myself in the shack/house again, with a strange man in front of me. "Who- who are you?" I asked. The man smiled. "Keith, do you really not remember me? After all these years, did you really forget what your father looked like?" "Wha- you're my father?" I asked in disbelief. This, THIS was my dad. I finally knew what he looked like. "Yes, Keith, it's me. Your mother will be here soon. Don't you want to see her?" He asked, still smiling, In his hands was my knife. "She can tell you what this means. She'll answer all your questions in just a minute. Just wait a little bit longer." I shook my head. "But I don't have time to wait! I've been waiting my whole life." "Keith, she'll be here soon. Just you wait. She's missed you so much. She loves you." He said, holding the knife out to me. I started to reach for it, and I fell into darkness, my father fading into nothingness.

"Keith?" A voice asked. Their bright brown eyes stared at me, a smile on his face. I felt a smile make its way onto my own face. "James." I sighed. He was here. His hair was combed back, and he was wearing a very nice suit, along with his signature smile. "Hey Kitten. Are you ready?" he asked, holding a hand out to me. "Ready for what?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. "For the wedding. Don't tell me you forgot. Shiro and Adam are getting married today." "Really?" Already? But it seemed like just a few weeks ago Shiro had proposed. James threw his head back and laughed. "Of course silly!" He took my hand and ran his thumb over a ring on my finger. "And soon we'll be too." I stared at my hand in disbelief. On it was a silver band, with a violet gem set in it. James laughed at my expression. "Come on Keith. You've had it for months now. You gotta stop staring at it. Now come on, we don't wanna miss the wedding." James said, starting to pull me. And I let him. Was this real? It seemed so life like. "Keith! Keith! Oh my god! KEITH!" Someone cried. "James, what was that?" I asked, stopping and looking around. "What was what?" He asked, still smiling.  "KEITH! Come on, wake up!" The same voice cried. "It sounds like Shiro. He's calling me." "What do you mean? Shiro's outside. Are you feeling okay Kitten? You've been acting strange." James said, brushing some of my hair out of my face. "KEITH! WAKE UP!" They called. "James? What's going on?" I asked, slowly backing away and turning around. "A wedding. And we're going to be late. They can't start without the best men, can they?" "KEITH! KOLIVAN WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM?" The voice called. "James? What it that?" I asked, turning to face him once more. But he was gone. There was nothing. Just blank space. "James? James!" I called. "JAMES!" I yelled, starting to run. Then I fell, and everything went black.

I bolted upright, breathing heavily, and took a quick look around. Next to me was a very concerned looking Shiro, along with Kolivan and a few other Blade members. "Keith! Oh thank god you're okay!" Shiro exclaimed, pulling me into a hug. "Impressive. No one has ever made it this far before." Kolivan said, nodding in approval. "You did well kit." I raised an eyebrow. "Kit? What the hell is a "kit"?" "Its a term for a young Galra." A Blade member said. My eyes widened. "Wait, you mean-" "Yes." Kolivan said, staring me in the eyes.

 "You're part Galra."