Belly of the Beast

Hunk POV

"Like, I don't get it. Go to the Galra occupied planet to get my lion. Go to a Galra-occupied Balmera to get a crystal. Go into a belly of a beast with the only Galra alien team member. Why do I get all the hard ones?" Keith sighed. "I'm not an alien." "Well, you're kind of are. I mean, more alien than me. Or Pidge. I guess not Allura and Coran, but more alien than the rest of us." "Look, can you just lay off? It's bad enough that allura hates me now, I don't need you guys to hate me too." Keith snapped. "Hey hey, Allura doesn't hate you. You just need to give her time to accept the fact that you're Galra, the race that destroyed her entire planet and all of her people." I blinked a bit, realizing what I just said. "Yeah, she might hate you a little bit." Keith threw his hands in the air. "But why? I wasn't even alive when that happened! I'm not even sure Kolivan was alive!" "Well, you guys are the closest she can get to the Galra without having to fight for her life. She might just be venting. and it'll take her some time. Getting used to and alien team member is going to take a while, for everyone." Keith sighed. "Yeah, I guess you're right. Thanks Hunk. You always seem to know what to say to calm people down." I smiled. "Well yeah, I had to deal with Lance. He was pretty pissed after you fight." Keith chuckled. "The first or second one?" 

"Yes. You should've seen Veronica though. She gave him an earful. And Pidge threatened to hack his phone. And James, well, Lance was kinda scared of him." I shook my head, remembering the last time I had seen him. "Really?" Keith asked, voice going soft at the mention of James. Those two were so gay for each other. "Yeah. It was about a week before we left. Me and Lance were  walking around, and him and Kinkade were in the gym. They were taking turns holding a punching bag for each other. James kept decking it, over and over, and it looked like he was hurting Kinkade. He told him to calm down, he'd see you soon, and James was all "But I wanna see him now! And if it wasn't for Lance, he'd probably be here." and decked it again. Lance, being the oblivious idiot he is, still doesn't know you guys are dating, so he just thinks you're BFF's. You know James had like, biceps right?  A lot of the girls stare at him. And now, Lance is convinced that if he makes him mad, James will try to kill him." Keith let out a soft laugh. "Yeah, he probably would. I wonder what they're doing? Do you think they know we're gone yet? Is time different in space?" I shrugged. "Maybe. I'd have to ask Coran. Speaking of which, we should probably watch that video now." Keith nodded, and I pulled up Coran's video.

"Hello brave Altean. So, you wanna harvet some scaultrite? Well, here's how you do it-shshshshsshshhhs- and make sur you stay away from the- shshshshshhshsshshshshshshsshsh- repeat after me stay away from the -shshshs - or you'll be dead. Shshshshshshshshsshhshsh-" I let out a little whimper. "Wh-why isn't it playing right? Keith asked. "Well, it IS 10,00 years old. It must've gotten corrupted." "UUGGH! Look, we'll just go in, gun blazing, and wing it from there. That good with you?" Keith asked. "Uh, you sure that's the best idea?" "It's our only idea!" Keith said, throwing his hands in the air. I shrugged. "Alright. But at the first sign of trouble, I'm backing out and we make a new plan." Keith nodded. "Deal. Now, let's go mess with a giant dead planet eating monster." I gulped and mover the controls to Yellow. This was a terrible plan.

-Time Skip-

By some miracle, we got into the Weblum mostly unharmed. I looked around."Oh, eww. This is disgusting." I stepped forward, and the ground squished beneath me. "Oh, oh man this is disgusting." "Look, I know this isn't ideal, but it's what we need to do to defeat Zarkon." Keith said, sounding exhausted. "But it so gross! And icky." "Hunk, are you gonna be okay?" I groaned uncertainly. "Are you going to be okay?" I sighed and nodded. "Yeah yeah, I am." Keith smiled "Good. I like being able to count on you. Besides, no one knows an explosive digestive tract like you." I gasped. "Did- did you just make a joke? Wow. Galra Keith is a lot funnier than regular Keith." 

Then a bunch of these little organisms started coming out of the walls. "Uhh, Hunk? what are those?" I summoned my bayard gun. "Uh, I don't know. Maybe they're part of the creatures digestive system? Dissolving the food and stuff." Keith nodded and lowered his sword. "Oh, okay. Wait a minute, we're in the stomach! They think WE are the food!" My eyes widened. "Oh shit." The animals got closer, and started circling us. "Wow, Hunk cursing, Never thought I'd see the day." Keith said, summoning his shield. "Yeah, we can be surprised later. Now we have to fight!" I started firing my gun, and creatures swarmed us. I heard Keith grunting and slashing near me, but I couldn't see him through the creatures. They eventually left, and I could see again. Keith was breathing heavily, and was covered in slime. "I. Hate. This." He said, catching his breath. "Where's the scaultrite? I'm tired of this." I pulled up the diagram on my wrist. "Well, we're in the first stomach, and we need to be in the third one. So we need to find a way to the third stomach." Keith sighed. "And how do we do that?" "Well, we'd have to get in its circulatory system, that way the blood flow could take us there." Keith nodded, and started walking around and poking things with his sword. He misstepped, and fell through a wall. "Wha- HUNK!" He yelled as he fell. "I'm coming buddy!" I yelled, running into the wall. We were in the blood stream, and I spotted Keith several yards ahead. "Good job Keith! you found the blood stream!" I said as I jetpacked over to him. "Great. Now how do we get to the third stomach?" He asked, and I shrugged. "No idea. Let's just see where this goes."

We headed down the stream, and Keith went through an entrance, but as I got closer, it started closing. "Uh Keith?" I asked, noticing the ever growing gap between us. "HUNk, MEET ME IN THE THIRD STOMACH!" He yelled as it sucked him away. I groaned. "Oh, I don't like blood slides."

Time Skip

We finally got out of the Weblum, with enough scautrite for the Teledauv, and headed back to the Castle. "Hey, so who was that Galra? Do you guys all know each other or something?" Keith rolled his eyes. "No. but good work back there Hunk. It' good to know that you have my back." "Aww, thanks Galra Keith. You're all right. I think turning Galra has made you a better human." Keith groaned. "I didn't just turn Galra!"