Heat Preservation

Lance POV 

"Alright paladins, in light of recent events, the Castle is in dire need of repair. In order to do so, we must divert power from all nonessential operations. That means no pool, training simulator, or heat." Allura said. "What? No heat? Why?" I exclaimed. The Castle was cold enough when we had heat. Now, it'd be like living in a freezer. "Wha-why?" Keith asked. "Well, we need to fully restart the Castle, which will take a while. And in order to keep the oxygen generators on, and the food goo distributor going, we need to divert power from things like heat and water to keep them on." Pidge said, adjusting her glasses. "Yeah. So we had to choose between air and food and heat. So we chose air." Hunk said. "But its going to be freezing!" Keith whined. "Ah, but we've accounted for that number 4. We'll be handing out extra blankets, along with some other things. But since we only have so many blankets, two of you will have to share." Coran said. "Yes. Me, Pidge, Coran, Hunk and Shiro will be alone. Keith, you and Lonce will have to share." Allura said. "What? I have to share with Mullet? No way!" Me and Keith? Sharing a bed? Not happening. His gay ass will probably try and fuck me. I may be bi, but I didn't like Keith that way. Nope, not happening. "Really? There's no other way?" Keith asked. "Why can't I share with Shiro? He's my brother, it'd be less weird." "Sorry little bro, but no can do. Last time I slept next to you, Matt took a picture and spammed me with it for months. And you're a blanket hog." Shiro said, and Keith glared at him. "Wait, you mean the one where you guys are in the chair? That's adorable!" Pidge exclaimed. "Keith was so small! I think I have it on my phone!" She said, whipping it put and scrolling through it. "Ah, here it is!" She showed us all the picture, and Allura cooed. "Aww, that's adorable. Keith, what happened?" Keith glared at her. "Life. Are you sure there's not a way in which I can sleep by myself?" Allura nodded. "Positive. Now, you have a few minutes before we turn the heat off. I suggest you get your things." The others left and I turned to Keith. "We're sleeping in my room. Get your crap and get in there. Let's just get this over with." He nodded and went to get his things. I sighed and went to my room, falling onto my bed. Why did I have to get Keith of all people? Could my day get any worse?

Time Skip

It did. Since they turned off the power, Hunk couldn't cook actual food, we just had to eat plain food goo. All of us were feeling the effects of the lack of heat already. Pidge was walking around in a cocoon of blankets, Hunk had tried (and failed) to make hot cocoa, and Keith looked like a red popsicle. He refused to use any blanket, and insisted that he was fine in his little red jacket and gloves. But you could tell that he was freezing his butt off. "C-Coran, how much longer?" He shivered. "Several more hours my boy. Are you sure you're alright? You look rather cold." Coran said, starting to go into space-uncle mode. Keith nodded. "Y-yeah. I'm just not used to this. Texas is pretty hot most of the time. I'm used to the sun and 80 degree+ weather." "Are you sure?  We can't have you getting sick." Shiro said, going into dad mode. "Shiro, I'll be fine. I'm just gonna go lie down." 

He headed towards my room and I sighed. "I should probably check on him, shouldn't I?" "Yes." The others said in unison. "Oh, and Lance, don't be surprised if he ends up clinging to you in the morning. Keith is kinda cuddly." Shiro warned. I scoffed. "Yeah right. I'll believe it when I see it." And went to my room. 

When I got there, Keith was already n my bed, in a lump of blankets. "Aww Mullet, come on!" I whined. "Fuck off. I'm cold." He muttered from his lump. "At least scoot over! I need to sleep too." Keith said nothing, but moved so that he was next to the wall. "Thanks you." I said, sighing. He grunted in response. I rolled my eyes and went to my bathroom. Cuddly my ass. Keith was the definition of an emo teen. I put my pajamas on and got into bed. 'Hey, look, you stay on your side, and I'll stay on mine. Deal?" I said, and Keith nodded. He was already half asleep, and had burrowed into the blankets. He was kinda, cute. His face was relaxed, his breathing slow. His messy bangs fluttered up and down with each breath.... no Lance, stop. You don't like Keith. You can't like Keith. You're just tired. yeah, yeah that's right. I'm just tired. Keith isn't pretty. I laid down and closed my eyes, and was asleep the second my head hit the pillow.

I woke up the next morning, my arm numb, but my body warm. I tried to move it, but it wouldn't budge. It's like it was stuck. I glanced over to see what it was, and nearly had a heart attack. WHAT THE HELL WAS KEITH DOING IN MY ROOM? Wait, wait, that's right. The heat thing. But he was really close. I could almost reach out and touch his face... Shit he was REALLY close. Like really close. WAY too close. I could feel his breath on my face, and see his bangs flutter up and down. Shit. I thought. He's kinda cute... Oh no, I might like Keith.