RUN

Run, I kept telling myself. Dont look back just run.

Feeling the dirt beneath my feet I did just that. Run.

**EARLIER THAT NIGHT**

RING RING RING

I picked up my phone to see it was my brother. Ugh what doesnt the little prince himself need now? And of course if I dont answer I'll get another one of my "family's" famous beatings. I say it like that because they aren't my family, they're just people I live with.

"Sir? Is there anything I can do for you?"

Yes even though he is my brother I am forced to treat him with the most respect possible....or else he will come home and punch, slap, kick anything to me, not that I'm already hurt enough.

"Hey, piece of shit little sister. My room needs cleaning before I get home, I have company coming over. And remember peasant if it's not done I'll make sure you wont be able to leave the house for weeks."

*click*

He hangs up without another word. He is worse than my father. But then again my father allows it... because of that I stopped reading and grabbed the cleaning supplies.  Ugh I hate cleaning his nasty ass room especially at night. Oh yeah, company my ass it's just one of his sluts for a booty call.

Just as I finished I hear him and a high pitched voice come through the front door. Ugh just her voice is annoying. I hurry out of his room and head back to mine, but of course we cross paths on my way back to my room.

"Awe look at the poor ugly baby." She and my brother laugh.

I stopped and bowed my head to my brother out of "respect". And chose to ignore what the slut said.

"Hello sir" I continued walking, but apparently that wasnt the right choice because all of a sudden I felt my hair being ripped out of my head, that caused me to fall to the ground.

"Aren't you going to say hello to your future luna?"

Luna my ass I mumbled. My eyes widened when I realized I said that outloud.

"Excuse me!? What did you just say?" My "brother" said through gritted teeth.

"N-n-nothing sir"

I felt my face stinging as I cry out in pain. Another punch straight to my stomach, where theres still fresh bruises from yesterday.

"You're really gonna lie to me, oh honey after all these years of beatings you're still gonna lie?"

While trying to sit up, I look up to see him smiling and laughing a devilish laugh that sent chills down my back. Meanwhile, the "future luna" is laughing as well as encouraging this beating.

He punches me again across the face which causes me to fall Back to the floor. I whipe the blood from my lips. I'm used to the copper taste it gives off. As I'm on the floor he took that as a chance to kick me over and over again. Trying to cover my face and head with my arms I plead for him to stop. I let a few tears run down my face. I hate to give him the satisfaction of making me cry but with the beating from yesterday I cant help it.

"Stand up and show your future luna some respect" he then spits in my face.

I wipe my face and gather what's left of my strength to stand. I push through the pain that's coursing through my body. I bowed my head at her.

"I'm so sorry luna, forgive me" I pleaded so this beating will stop and I can go lay down.

"You pathetic little girl. You will always be a nobody. As long as I'm luna you will never be anyone but a punching bag. After all you did kill your own mother and left my mate without one! Now clean up this blood and get out of my face"

"Yes luna"

I did just as she demanded. I cleaned up the blood and went back to my room.

It's now 1 am and the pain isnt letting me sleep. As I'm laying there in total darkness I couldn't help but think. If shes really the next luna that means the beatings will never stop. I'll die here as a maid and punching bag. That cant be all to this life can it? No I need to leave I can't let that happen.

Still in alot of pain I pulled enough strength together and packed a smal bag for essentials. Money, clothes, and toiletries.

I took in a deep breath and looked around. This is it, I'm about to be free. With my heart pounding so loudly I can hear it in my head, I slowly and quietly opened the window. I threw my bag out first and now it's my turn. I slowly but surely wormed my way out being extra careful of my stomach.

After I'm all the way out I picked up my bag threw it over my shoulder and started down the path to a new life. I stopped to look back at everything I was leaving. All my things i couldn't care any less about my so called family. I cared about my books, clothes, shoes, drawings, and my phone. But I had to leave it so they couldn't track me. I saw headlights shining from the front of the house. My drunken father must be home.  I sat there for a minute wondering if he would ever miss me. I felt worm tears roll down my face.  I was taken from my thoughts when I was face to face with my father.  He somehow stumbled into the back yard while I was spaced in my thoughts.

"You! He pointed at me "you killed her! You killed the love of my life!"

I felt more tears as he starts stumbling towards me. No! I cant have another beating I'll die. Run! I told myself run!

I heard his voice calling out to my brother for help. As his voice gets quieter and quieter with distance I knew my brother could catch up to me. So I ran as fast as I could go. As fast as my feet could take me. I ran and I didnt look back.