six

EPISODE SIXKara Pinciotti's Bedroom3:30pm

EPISODE SIX
Kara Pinciotti's Bedroom
3:30pm

"Kara, what the hell are you doing?"

I look up to see Donna standing in my doorway with a confused look on her face. I sit in the middle of my room surrounded by piles of outfits that reach endless depths. Tossing a yellow tube top on my bed, I sigh.

"looking for an outfit," my fingers involuntarily stroke through my blonde strands. It's been twenty minutes and my room had already formed into a mess.

"Yeah I see that but why?"

"I'm going on a date - I think?"

I watch as Donna's features light up. She lets out a gasp before coming over to my bed and picking up the yellow top I'd just tossed.

"Who's the lucky guy?" She probes. I roll my eyes at her newfound amusement.

"Carver," her eyes shoot to mine almost immediately. I frown deeply, doubts quickly forming in my mind.

Maybe this whole thing is happening way too fast.. who am I kidding we kissed before we even spoke a word to each other, and it's been one week since then. The least I can do is actually spend some time with the boy.

Then why the hell is there this nagging feeling In my stomach, like something isn't right?

Despite my conflicting feelings, Donna smiles approvingly. She tosses the tube top that she picked up over to me. I catch it smoothly as she plops herself on my bed.

"Wear that with those cute white bell bottoms you got last week," Donna looks around on the bed, immediately seeing the pants she had just mentioned and chucking them at me.

The force of her throw is enough to cause my body to topple over on the ground. My head pounds at the impact. Donna laughs at my pain, clearly finding the sight funny, "asshole," I groan, recovering in time to see her shrugging her shoulders.

"So you like Carver?"

A part of me wanted to say I didn't know, but a bigger part of me actually wanted to see where this would go. He's nice, sweet, funny, and a really good kisser. Maybe I spent so long around my guy friends that I convinced myself I didn't want a boyfriend.

I smile, letting the doubts quickly subside, "Yeah, I think I actually do."

4:32pm

"Okay, Okay. Led or Pink Floyd?"

I don't even think over his question before knowing my answer. Of course it's Led, it'll always be Led and I'm surprised he hasn't figured it out from the last five questions. We've been at the hub for at least 30 minutes playing 21 questions and eating french fries - well he's the only one doing all the french fry eating.

"I'm sorry-"

"No, no, no don't say it!"

"I'm a Zeppelin girl, it's in my blood," I pick up a chicken tender, taking a big bite.