The Fencing Tournament

It was their second day in Auradon and Kazuha woke up in her unpleasantly pink room. She glanced at Sonoko who was sleeping on the other bed looking comfortable and happy. Kazuha understood the comfortable part because this bed is way more comfortable that the worn-out beds in the Isle, but she didn't understand the happy part. 'She's probably dreaming about a prince.' Kazuha thought as she rolled her eyes.

She glanced at the time and it was still six in the morning which was weird considering she wakes up late in the afternoon. Especially on weekends. Today was the day of Prince Heiji's fencing tournament. Kazuha herself is surprised that she still remembered the time and place for his tournament.

'I think I'm going to go but not to support him, but to jinx him instead.' When Kazuha thought about doing that she felt a bad feeling in her gut and felt absolutely uncomfortable about doing it. She swallowed visibly. She knew that feeling, and she also knew that it was forbidden to feel it. It was called guilt. Kazuha shook her head and started repeating those words like a mantra, 'I'm evil, vicious, mean, and bad.' After that, she just went back to sleep hoping she'll forget that disgusting and unpleasant feeling she just got.

-.-

Heiji woke up early in the morning to practice for his fencing tournament. He went to practice in the palace's garden that was breathtakingly beautiful. Just looking at the freshly cut grass and the colorful flowers and roses would make a person feel instantly better, which is why Heiji liked to practice there. Plus, it was very comfortable, and he liked breathing fresh air in the morning.

Heiji was actually very excited about the tournament, not just because he knew he was going to win, but also because he wanted a certain someone to witness him win. He wanted to prove himself to that certain someone, which was of course Kazuha. He didn't know why he wanted to impress her so badly when he had a lot of other girls dying for him and a girlfriend that he can impress.

'Maybe I'll break up with Audrey today. I'll finally be free.' Heiji thought as he sat down on the grass that was below a huge tree. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes to relax a little and his heart was starting to calm down after the intense practice.

"Prince Heiji, breakfast is going to be ready in an hour." A maid who walked by said to Heiji after she bowed.

"Okay, I'll be there then." He said to the maid and smiled politely. Then he got up and took his sword to his chamber so that he can have a nice bath and get ready for having breakfast with his family.

-.-

"Kazuha! Wake up! We have a tournament to attend!" Sonoko called Kazuha as she was wearing her fancy red boots. Well, they were not actually fancy, because they were made out of cheap products from the Isle of the Lost, but they did look fancy.

"Ugh, got it." Kazuha groaned and opened her eyes and squinted really hard from the brightness of the room. "Why is it so bright in here, Sonoko?"

"I have to see how great I look, that's why," Sonoko answered in her usual sassy attitude.

Kazuha got up and went to the dorm bathroom to freshen up, but when she reached there, she wished she never came. Audrey and her posy were there fixing themselves up probably for the tournament as well.

"I can't wait till Heiji sees my new, beautiful dress. He might lose because he's going to be very distracted." Audrey said in her very annoying squeaky voice.

"Oh yes, Audrey. You're going to look fantastic." another girl said with a kind smile. She had unique purple eyes and long dark hair.

"Girls, look who came." Apple White said.