The Beginning

Every angel in heaven knew about soulmates. God was so unsure about it he asked all of his angels. Of course they all thought it was a good idea. They think all his ideas are good. They didn't expect God to give them soulmates. They were all family, they didn't need someone to be with forever because they had each other and they had God.

For a long time they didn't have soulmates. They just watched different creatures fall in love. Then God got bored.

He created an Archangel. An angel powerful enough to protect the world he created while he worked on other things.

After many complaints of fatigue from the overworked Archangel, who had been keeping many of God's "failed tests" at bay, God created another Archangel. This time, he decided to give them names. The oldest would be named Michael, while the younger was named Lucifer.

God sent the two into the world, letting Lucifer figure it out just as Michael had. Lucifer returned one day asking about a doe and a deer he had seen that seemed to care about each other greatly. God told him about soulmates and how angels didn't have them and Lucifer seemed to falter. He did not understand why God didn't want the angels to be happy.

Lucifer asked God for more brothers, as Michael had abandoned him for enjoying the wildlife when he should've been working. For Michael's sake, we'll assume that's when Lucifer began disliking his older brother.

When God made Raphael, he didn't expect the Archangel to do everything he was told and nothing else. He would have to work on that later. He wanted his Angels to have some sense of free will. He needed them to know that everything happens for a reason, but they're still able to have some time to themselves.

While all of this was happening, God was experimenting a bit. Everything was the same thing over again. God wanted something different. He wanted evolution.

Around the time he created evolution, he also created two more Angels. One of them was a normal Angel named Balthazar. The other was an Archangel named Gabriel.

After a snarky remark about the room he appeared in from Gabriel, God decided to keep this one. He let him mingle with his brothers, but when Michael and Raphael showed their disdain for Gabriel's sense of humor, God decided to limit their visitings. Lucifer seemed to learn from Gabriel, though his humor was more cynical.

When God was about done making Angels, he decided to make one different than the rest. He wanted one who could be both a follower and a leader. He wanted one who would choose the right side and would make sure to put his world first every time. He wanted one to have a soul mate. If it worked in his favor, then God would make more Angels have soulmates. There wouldn't be much time thought into the soulmate. God already had a vague idea of who this new Angel's soulmate would be. God just needed a name.

The newly made Castiel was one of wonders. He only met God once, after 100 years of existing. After that God had finally decided Gabriel's role in heaven. Gabriel was to watch over Castiel. Gabriel entrusted Balthazar's help in watching the little one.

Young Castiel wanted to meet everyone he could and he always wanted to fly. Gabriel, who hadn't learned how to fly until Lucifer taught him on his 1,825th creationday, wasn't so keen on the idea of Castiel flying so soon. Unfortunately, Balthazar was more than excited to go to earth and throw Castiel off a tree to teach him how to fly. Gabriel learned very quickly that normal Angels do not get the special treatment of an elder letting them ride on their back while flying.

Castiel was only in toddler stage when he watched a fish climb out of the sea and his older brother Gabriel said "Don't step on that fish Castiel. Very big plans for that fish."