Beware the Frozen Heart

Daniel's P.O.V

"How's Anna doing Kristoff?" Lina asks my brother. We've been riding on Sven's back at full speed back to Arendelle so that Anna and Hans can share a true love's kiss to thaw Anna's frozen heart.

"She's getting colder by the minute, but luckily I can see the castle." He tells her. Lina looks over Kristoff's shoulder and gasps at the sight of the state her sister is in.

"Anni!" She screams close to tears. Anna smiles weakly back at her. "H...hey baby." She breathes out. "Don't worry Anni, we're almost there!" Lina exclaims before Anna starts to drift in and out of consciousness. Kristoff notices this because he puts his hat on her head and tells Sven to go faster.

Lina leans back and I put my hand on her shoulder in a comforting way. She looks at me and hugs me. I can tell that she really needed someone right now. I mean, her sister is close to freezing to death. I hug her back and tell her that everything will be alright.

I look over at Olaf who is sliding next to us. "Woah!" He shouts with glee before sliding down to the village. "Meet you guys at the castle!"

"Stay out of sight Olaf!" I remind him.

"I will!" He calls back.

Lina and I both roll our eyes as we hear Olaf greeting one of the villagers who freaks out.

Lina's P.O.V

We finally arrived at the castle and climbed off of Sven. Kristoff is still carrying Anna. "A...are you and Daniel gonna be okay?" My sister weakly asks. "Don't worry about us," Kristoff replies. I look over at Daniel who just gives me a sad smile.

Suddenly, the gates open. "Anna, Lina!" I hear madame Gerda gasp with worry. "My ladies." Sir Kai exclaims looking at the boys. "Get Anna warm, and find Prince Hans, immediately," Kristoff tells Kai. "We will, thank you."

"Make sure she's safe!" Kristoff calls out.

I look back at the boys and walk over to them before deciding to go join Anna. "Thank you guys... for everything," I say before hugging them. "It's no problem Lina, but you should go to your sister," Daniel exclaims as we pull away.

I go over to join Anna, Gerda, and Kai. Anna and I look behind ourselves to see the gates closing on Kristoff and Daniel.

"What happened to her, Princess Lina?" Kai asks me as I help him escort Anna through the castle. "It's a bit of a long story, Kai. I'll explain later, but right now, we HAVE to get Anna to Hans."

"Yes, of course, he's in here," Kai says opening a door. "Prince Hans."

"Anna!" Hans gasps running over to catch my sister. "You're so cold." He says. "Hans you have to kiss me!" Anna exclaims.

"What?"

"Now!"

"Calm down."

"We'll give you two some privacy," Gerda says as I begin to follow her and the others out of the room. However, Hans orders me to stay.

"Lina, what happened out there?" Hans asks me as he carries Anna over to the couch. "Elsa struck her with her powers," I answer. "Anna, you said she'd never hurt you!" Hans exclaims worriedly looking at Anna. "I...was wrong." Anna weakly replies clutching her chest. "What about you Lina?" Hans asks, turning back to me. "Did Elsa hurt you too?"

"No, she didn't," I replied before continuing. "Anna, on the other hand, wasn't as lucky. Elsa froze her heart and now, the only thing that can save her is an act of true love." I told him.

"A true love's kiss," Hans exclaims realizing what he now must do. He and Anna start to lean in for a kiss. Just when their lips were about to touch, Hans suddenly stopped. "Oh Anna, if only there was someone out there who loved you."

"What?" Anna and I both ask in shock as Hans begins to walk over to the window and close the curtain.

"Y...you said, you did, "Anna says to him.

"I was thirteenth in line." Hans began explaining. "In my own kingdom, I didn't stand a chance. I knew I had to marry into the throne somewhere."

"But, what are you talking about?" Anna asks weakly.

"As heir, Elsa was preferable of course, but no one was getting around with her." I noticed that Hans was walking over to the water jug to put out the fire. I quickly ran over to him and jumped on his back to fight him. However, he pulls me off and throws me across the room.

The last thing I heard before everything went black, was Anna screaming my name.

Anna's P.O.V

"Lina!" I screamed as I watched Hans throw my baby sister across the room, knocking her out. I watch him smirk at her unconscious body before going back over to the jug.

"Now, where was I before I was so rudely interrupted," Hans said before picking up the jug. "Ah yes, so as I was saying Anna...Elsa was the preferred choice, but she proved to be a bit...difficult. You Anna, however, you were so desperate for love that you were willing to marry me just like THAT. I figured after we married, I would stage a little accident for Elsa."

Hans then begins to pour water on the fire. "Hans, no, please!" I plead with him while reaching out my hand which causes me to fall off the couch. Hans ignores this and continues talking.

"But then Elsa doomed herself. And you and Lina were dumb enough to after her." Hans looks over at my baby sister's crumpled body on the floor before turning back to me.

"So now all that's left to do is to...kill Elsa. And bring back summer." My eyes immediately widened.

No, he can't kill Elsa.

"You are no match for Elsa," I say angrily trying to stand up, but I am so weak from being cold. Hans smirks and kneels down in front of me.

"No Anna, you're no match for Elsa," Hans tells me before standing up to put on his gloves. "I, on the other hand, am the hero who is going to save Arendelle from destruction."

I glare at Hans as he begins to leave. "You won't get away with this," I tell him, but he just smirks at me.

"Oh, I already have." He says before shutting the door and locking it.

I quickly drag myself over and try to open the door, but it's no use. "Somebody...please...help," I said weakly before my eyes widened as I looked over at Lina.

"Lina? Baby?" I say shivering as I crawl over to her. I shake her, and she begins to stir. But then loses consciousness again. I checked her for any injuries and I noticed a small bruise forming on her head. I began to cry a little. "I'm so sorry Lina," I tell her before kissing her temple and dragging myself back to the door. I tried opening it, but it was no use.

"S...somebody, help, please." However, I can feel myself getting colder and weaker by the second. I'm not so sure how much longer I can take it.

Oh somebody, please hurry.

End of Chapter 10