- R A D I O

C H A P T E R. F O U R : R A D I O

"... it's simple really, you ain't killed yet because I need you to develop a fear of me,"
-Dante De Luca.

S C A R L E T T's P. O. V 

I squinted my eyes, lips touching the plastic straw. I sucked in a mouthful of my bubble tea, teeth chewing on the tapioca. I took a trip down memory lane, the presence of Dante in mind. It had been a few days since I last saw him and Ace and weirdly enough, I was missing them.

More specifically Dante. My mind sang. I rolled my eyes as his face magically appeared in my mind. I don't know what it was about him but every time I thought of him, I kept caving in like a fool and frankly enough I didn't know if it was a good sign or not. 

When I looked into his eyes for the first time, I had immense chills running down my spine. It was like my mind was debating if he was worth it. I was pulled out of my mini daydream when I heard the chimes go off, signalling that a customer had entered the cafe. 

I pushed myself off the sofa and walked out into the foyer, bubble tea in hand. My eyes instantly falls on the door, ready to greet whoever it was that entered the place. Having a little once of happiness, I was met with the person who was in my mind literally seconds ago. 

Dante. 

Unlike the first time we met, he didn't wear a pair of glasses. He walked up to the front desk with his shoulders rolled back, head held high. I rolled my eyes, already knowing that he was acting cocky just to piss me off. 

He clearly caught me rolling my eyes because he gave me a screw face. Since it was just me in the cafe, I had no option other than to serve him. Theo had to step outside because we ran out of oat milk. 

In the end he reached the counter. I positioned myself so that I was ready to put his order into the machine. He placed his arms on the counter and leaned down that expressed the vibe of fuckboys and the devils pawn. I poked the inside of my mouth, arms folded over my chest, 

"Your retarded goose stepped out for a second. I guess you have to wait,"

Today he came with someone else. Not wanting him to be the only thing in mind, I gave my full attention to the new guy. I flashed him a smile, him returning one. He looked cute but the tattoos on his arm spoke differently.

I wasn't one to judge right away so all I did was nod at him, my eyes trained on his intricate tattoos, 

"Nice tattoos,"

He looked down at his arm and smirked casually,

"Thanks,"

I now ignored Dante and began to converse with the new guy, 

"I'm Scarlett but you can call me Scar for short. What would you like?"

He nodded a few times and looked up since our menu was plastered on the wall above with the prices. He hummed to himself and faced me again, 

"I'll have a cookies and cream milkshake,"

I grinned at him and spoke, 

"You're gonna love it. I make the best milkshakes here,"

From the corner of my eye I catch Dante roll his eye at my comment. Someone's a little jelly my inner voice told me. The new guy chuckled softly and spoke, 

"Well I guess I made the right choice,"

I nodded my head and ushered him to take a seat. He nods and sat down. I spun on my feet and began making his order. Dante then scoffed out loud and said,