Chapter 19

"Ummm, so...sorry about...that." Jotaro said an hour later after finally calming his ex-wife enough to properly meet Noriaki.

Jolyne introducing him as 'Timmy the mermaid' hadn't helped.

"Your daughter thinks I'm a mermaid and your ex-wife thinks I'm a child predator. I'm sure it could have gone worse."

"Well, when you say it like that..."

Tenmei laughed, "Honestly, I hate to imagine what would have happened if you hadn't been there. I might be in jail!" he said, then stopped walking and turned to Jotaro, "Speaking of, what are you doing here?"

"Uhhh, I live here?"

"I thought you lived in Morioh."

"Temporarily. I had research to do and needed to let the whole divorce mess cool down. A few days after you left, I found out the house I wanted was for sale so I got it. We actually just arrived today. I found a flyer for the art show and thought I'd surprise you." Jotaro explained, "Surpriiiiiise."

"Oh. Well. That makes sense. Good to know you're not a crazy stalker."

Jotaro made a face at him, "So where's Jabari?"

"He stayed at the hotel today. The last few weeks have been hectic and he wasn't feeling well. To be honest, I'm not feeling so well either. I'm over this tour. I'm over people. I'm over quoting 500 times exactly what is written in the descriptions under each of my paintings. I'm so glad this is the final stop." Tenmei ranted.

"You sound like you need a drink."

"Hmmm, I don't really drink aside from the occasional glass of wine with dinner. Thanks though." Tenmei replied with a smile.

"Well, what do you do to unwind?"

"I paint or go to an arcade and make kids cry."

"That's mean."

"It's fun."

"There's a huge arcade not far from here. It has a lot of old-style games."

"I thought you didn't like video games?"

"They have other stuff, skeeball, table hockey stuff like that. Wanna check it out when you're done here?"

"Are you asking me on a date, Mr. Kujo?" Tenmei asked with a sly smile.

Jotaro's face turned beet red, "I...i...I mean...it...if you want...it doesn't have to...I...uhhh"

Tenmei chuckled at his shuddering response and raised up to kiss Jotaro's cheek, "Calm down, Jojo. I'd love to go. Date or not."

Jotaro pulled his hat down so far, Tenmei wondered how he'd see to walk around.

****

They spent hours at the arcade, playing every old game available.

True to his word, Tenmei made no less than 3 teens cry by absolutely crushing their top score.

Jotaro kept to games that were more physical like basketball and table hockey. He tried skee ball but threw the ball so hard it bounced back and nearly took Tenmei out.

After a shockingly creative use of curse words from 3 languages, Tenmei banned him from skee ball for all of eternity.

Jotaro had to admit though, despite not knowing everything Noriaki had just called him, the explosive bit of temper had been fucking hot.

He finally had to drag Noriaki out of the arcade and into a nearby restaurant to have something to eat. Jotaro took his menu and bopped Noriaki's head with it, "Stop pouting."