"Something's really wrong" Chapter III

Two hours later, John came home. Mia had been sitting in the livingroom after she'd placed Annabelle back on her right place in the rocking chair. Her hands had been shaking but had finally started to calm down.
"John, I think there's something wrong with Annabelle. She moved."
"Maybe she wanted to go for a walk," he said frivolously. John smiled teasingly and took off his coat.
"It's not funny! I seriously don't know what's happening!"
"Maybe she sat in an unstable position and therefore, like, tumbled together or something."
"So she sat in a unstable position and moved three feet from the rocking chair to the door. That's extremely unlikely."

John turned away from her to take off his shoes.
"Well, I don't know what could have caused it, Mia. We both know that Annabelle is an old doll."
"That still doesn't explain anything." As John stood back up, Mia turned around and looked away from him.
"I've never liked this house," she confessed quietly. "I can't raise a child in a house I don't even enjoy living in. I want to move somewhere else," he voice now strict and serious. John walked over to her, placing his hands on her shoulders and turning her around to face him.
"It's okay. Me neither. I'll find something else, I promise. Let's just go to bed for now and we'll handle this tomorrow."