The escape (english short story)

She runs. She runs, but can't escape. She can hear her followers, right behind her. They are willing to find her and even if they die for it. But she doesn't care, she just runs for her live.

Branches hit her in the face and leave red welts, which hurt. The dark haired girl suddenly stops and hide behind a tree. Darkness is now her protector, maybe they won't find her. Maybe she is safe behind that tree. But only maybe. It is a small hope, but it grows, as some of her enemies run along the way, away from the tree, where she hides. Her breath slows down a bit and her hearts goes back to the normal way of beating. A small grin is now on her face, for now she is safe. But not forever, she needs to go away from that place, from that forest.

In order to do that, she turns left and starts to run again. She stumbles and falls over. She tries to pipe down her yelp, but she knows immediatly that someone heard her.
She holds her hand in front of her mouth. She is shocked. Why did she have to trip over? Now everything is too late. They will find her and make her a prisoner again. She can't allow that, but what can she do?

Slowly she gets up again and wants to start running again, when someone grabs her by the shoulder.
she turns around, her eyes wide with shock. Now it is hopeless, isn't it?

But then she sees him. He has ice-blue eyes, she can see them clearly sparkling in the dark. But the thing is, she doesn't regognize him, she doesn't know him. And actually she knows everyone who works in the lab.

She wonders and so she spits out her first question, which popped into her head: "Who are you?!"

He grins, she can see his white teeths.

"I am like you, I was there for a long time, but I could escape. I will help you.", his tone is like satin and she immediatly trusts him. She doesn't know why, she just does.

"Come on, girl. Nothing will happen to you any more, I promise."

He takes her hand and starts moving. The girl follows him and soon they are running and running. The girl named Tessa feels safe now and strong. For some reason she knows the two of them are unbeatable. Nobody could hurt them, not even the scientists.
They don't tremble and it seems like the guy knows the forest very well. Soon they reach a road, where a black Camero stands.

"Come on, girl. We have to hurry.", he is so beautiful, she can't believe he helps her. They get in and the young man starts the engine.

"What's your name?", he asks, while driving.

"Tessa, yours?", she answers him.

"I am Albion. I am glad you made it. I often try save the people in the labs, but not everyone survives, some are also catched rom the workers, before I can find them." He looks sad.

Suddenly the night is full of shots and Tessa winces. Albion looks at her, sort of worried.

"You okay?", he asks and speeds up his car.

"It's just... the shots bring back bad memories, memories I wanna forget, ya know?"

Tessa clears her throat, because she has a lump in her throat.

"I think more people were trying to escape tonight...", he says, "but I don't care. I found you and you are save, so..."

In surprise Teresa looks at him, blushing. He doesn't know her, so why does he say something like that?

"Do you think they killed them?"

"Nah, i think they shot them in the legs, so they can't move faster or so...Don't know."

Tessa nodds and leans back. The seat is soft and comforting. She closes her eyes, she is save...

"Sleep, sweet Tessa, sleep.", he murmurs and then concentrates on driving.

"We are there.", Albion wakes her and Tessa opens slowly her eyes. The sky is gray and dark, but it is day. With a look at the watch in the car, she sees its almost afternoon. Albion stops the car and gets out, Tessa does the same like he and than she stands in front of a big house. It is white and a high wall seperates it from the other houses nearby.

"Come on, you must feel horrible. Inside you can shower and a friend of mine can give you fresh clothes, I think you and her have the same size."

Tessa nodds again, she is just so tired.

"Thanks, Albion."

He just smirks at her warmly and opens the door.
The floor is wooden and stairs lead up to another .....
Tessa bites her lip and looks at Albion.
"Oh sorry, the bath is upstairs, the second door on the right. There are fresh .... And shampoo. If you need anything, just let me or Mela know. She is in her room, the next door."
Tessa wonders how he knows that, but doesn't ask. She just wanna take a shower.

The water runs down her face and she rubs all the mud away. Her knee stopped bleeding and she finally feels clean.
She thinks about Mela. She just met the girl, when going upstairs and she also gave Tessa new clothes. Mela is maybe 19 years old and very beautiful. She has fairy hair and big blue eyes. Her skin is pale and she is thin, but muscular. But Tessa likes her. Mela was kindly to her from the beginning and happy that Albion found her.

"Albion?", Tessa seeks him. She is really tired and just wanna forget everything.
"What's up?"
"Do you have a bed where I can sleep?", she asks and yawns.
"Course. Come with me."
The two of them went to another room in which a kingsized bed is and Albion gesture to it.
"You can sleep there. I suppose you need the sleep. We can talk tomorrow, okay?"
Tessa nods: " yeah sure and Albion?"
"Hm?", his face looks so beautiful. In this light his dark, nearly black hair shines and his eyes glimmer like honey.
"Thank you."

Tessa Wakes up and feels pretty good. She isn't tired anymore and she is ready to face the new day.
She stands up and takes the stairs downstairs. Albion is in the kitchen and cooks. Mhm, yummy, scrabbled egg.
"You want some?", he asks and grins. Obviously he had heard her walking into the room.
"Thank you, I' love to eat some of these. I am starving."
They sat down and eat.
After a while both of them are silent. He looks kind of uncomfortable, but then starts to talk:" so, I hate to ask you this, but... How long have you been there? What exactly did they do to you?"
Tessa breathes calmly and closes her eyes. She doesn't want to remember, but... She must talk about it, otherwise it will consume her.
"I was caught a few weeks ago. Before that I lived on the street. Well, they did horrible things. They used to cut me open and looked inside me, take my blood and other things..."
She looks sad, her eyes fills with tears and she shivers.

"I am sorry for what they've done to you, really...but somehow we have to stop then. What they do to us, it is not right, it is pretty bad."

"They are wicked.", she simply says and then looks him in the eyes. They are amber and he has long lashes.

"Yes, they are. But you don't have to be afraid anymore, I will stop them and I will protect you, I swear."

Tessa takes a deep breath and nods: "I will help you."