13

"willlll!" i yelled, running up to him as he wrapped his arms tightly around me.

"charliiiiii! how are you." he chuckled, as i squeezed him tighter, before letting go and throwing my bags into the backseat.

"i'm okay." i shrugged, adding,

"enough of me, how've you been?" i smiled.

"just okay? i've been fine." he smiled back.

"just okay." i giggled, as he opened my door for me.

"thank you, mr lenney."

"you're welcome miss roberts." he laughed, shutting the door.

"let's go get tacos." he smiled as i connected my phone to the bluetooth.

will and i aren't really close, we're weren't even 'friends' until a month or so ago. he reached out to me after finding out simon and i broke up. simon supposedly has been on and off with this girl, emily, for three years now. will was very supportive and sweet. he pulled me out of the dark and told me "you're a bad bitch he can't reach your level."

"you alright?" he asked, turning into a main road.

"yeah." i replied warmly.

"i know you aren't. but you will be soon, give it time."

"i know." i breathed out, before clicking the top playlist.

"I'm just tryna take it to the sky VVS', diamonds blinding eyes. Countin' this make me really feel alive. Girl, you way too bad to compromise." i sang loudly, as will laughed but hummed along.

i quickly opened instagram and swiped to the camera before the chorus played.

"Baby, won't you bang my line? Cause if you bad and broke, that's a sign that you messin' with a lame, wastin' time let me take you to the hills for the vibes bad lil' vibe tryna chill with me water drippin' down and I'm friendly and the opps so mad, lotta envy talk that shit behind my back but be friendly." will and i basically screamed along to the lyrics before tagging JJ and Jeremih.

"what's wrong with us?" will laughed, pulling into taco bell.

"not sure but i want a baja blast." i smiled as will got out and opened my door for me.

"thank you."

"of course." he grinned, wrapping his arm around my waist.

"boy you better hurry up, outta luck. missing you but im not missing much." i whispered, before humming to the beat.

"what song is that?" will smiled.

"one i'm in the middle of writing." i chcukled.

"ouuu she's artistic." he said making me laugh, before we ordered our food.

as we ate our food and made constant jokes, i was thinking about the song i was writing, or should i say 'perfecting.' i have the entire song written i'm just in that weird editing stage.

"so when can i hear this song?" he smiled, popping a nacho fry into his mouth.

"now." i smiled back, opening my airpod case and handing him one.

"this is only a test recording thingy, to see if the best and lyrics go together." i said as he nodded. with that, i hit play.