16

i woke up quite early and jumped in the shower. i quickly scrubbed my hair and body, and doing all that lame ass shower shit.

through my shower all i could think about were my dreams the past month. i thought i was finally over simon, but no. the dreams came back. this time it was worse than before. we were married. we had kids. we were happy.

once i got out of the shower i stared at the notification that appeared on my phone.

simon- call me

is he having dreams again? do i call him? does he deserve a chance to explain? ah fuck this is all confusing.

charli- can i come see you instead ? i wanna talk in person
simon- you don't even have to ask
charli- okay

why did i send that? i mean, of course i wanna see him but i don't know if i'm ready.

i got dressed, sprayed myself with perfume and put on some mascara before writing down a cute message on a sticky note so will knew i had left.

heyyyy will ! sorry i didn't wake you before i left i was in a bit of a rush and was focused on getting to where i needed to be. i love you forever. xoxo, charli <3

-
-

i connected my phone to the bluetooth in my car and shuffled my "i wanna kms" playlist, and went on my way. the first song that started playing was the acoustic version of "bloody valentine"  by machinegunkelly.

"you'll be my bloody valentine." i sang along, posting a video to my instagram stories because that's who i am as an individual. i'm not gonna lie i've gotten a bit of a following on there i have just over 100K. it's not much compared to all the guys, but it's a lot for me. especially since i didn't intend to be a "public figure."

-

i pulled into the car park, and put my jeep in park. i continued listening to the music for about twenty minutes. basically stalling myself from going inside that building.

i got about three notifications simultaneously.

william lenney- i got ur note i love u too dummy.
-
JJ 🐻- come inside before i tell him you're here
-
@machinegunkelly replied to your story!

holy shit. colson is honestly such a good artist i think my heart dropped to my feet when i saw that.

of course i clicked onto the instagram notification first.

@machinegunkelly- chilllll you rocking out more than meeee and i wrote that shit

@charli.x- omgggg i knowww both versions of the song slap too hard to not rock out to.

@machinegunkelly- ikr me and megan have mini concerts every time it plays

@charli.x- goals asf that's how me and my friend JJ are 😭 tbh all ur songs are bangers

-

we continue texting for a few minutes before i said i had to go and hopped out of the car. i grabbed my bag and made my way to the lift. while riding up i replied to will and JJ.

the doors opened on the tenth floor and i walked all the way to apartment J5.

i knocked on the door as an excited JJ appeared.

"FUCK YEAHHHHH!" he screamed wrapping his arms around me.

it'd been a quite bit since we've seen each other. he didn't wanna be a distraction while i tried to get my mental health back to normal. in that time we stayed texting and we went out to dinner and shit a few times. but, most of the time i was with tori and will.

"hi jide." i giggled squeezing him tightly.

"he's in his room, nervous as fuck. be nice." JJ smiled as i nodded.

"he better not say some dumb shit or i'll be mean." i said making JJ laugh.

i went into simons room and sat next to him on the bed, making him look up.

"they're back." he said, looking back down at his hands that were placed in his lap.

"i know." i replied, grabbing his hand and holding onto it.

"we're meant to be chari. whether you want it or not. this wouldn't be happening."

"you think i don't fucking know that simon?" i replied, letting go of his hand and lightly pushing him over so i could get under the comforter. i wasn't cold, i just wanted to make his day harder later, so he'd have to remake it.

"we're soulmates. but you're out here fucking other girls." i laughed, rolling over.

"shut upppp." he groaned.

"make me bitch."

it was clearly banter at this point. we both had been depressed as fuck for months, what's the point in staying mad?

-

"it's getting late i'm gonna go out to dinner." i laughed, slipping my ugg slippers on. yes they're ugly, but they're comfy.

"i'll buy your dinner if i can come?" he asked.

"yeah okay. i'm saving for a new car anyways." i said grabbing his hand as we walked to the living room.

"what wrong with your jeep?" he asked.

"nothing i just want a lifted truck so i can scare the little cars."

"sounds like you." he laughed.

"you wanna stay at mine tonight?" i asked.

"do you have my stuff there still." he laughed.

"you don't wanna know what happened to your stuff." i replied as he laughed.

"was it burned?"

"in a way?" i giggled remembering what tori, george, will, alex, freya and i had done to it.

"in a way?" he laughed.

"your clothes were cooked on a grill, boxed up, driven to Birmingham, thrown in my dads smoker, then they went for a swim in the fire pit." i replied, as we left yelling our goodbyes to JJ.

-

we went to mcdonald's for dinner since it was so late and basically nothing was open. but it was worth it, we got bomb ass desert.

when we went back to mine tori wasn't home since she was at her new girlfriends place. Si and i chilled out in the living room watching movies before deciding to hit the hay and go to sleep in my room. we may have snuggled a bit.