Epilogue

"There! Look, land!" shouted Sunny, pointing to the green-brown smudge on the horizon. Everyone came to see it for themselves, straining to sight what Sunny had seen. They'd been on the boat for six moons, experiencing storms and various hardships along with the bright times together. The sight of what would be their home gave them joy and hope, but it was still a while before they landed. The Merfolk's Voyage was pulled up onto the beach, since Carlos and his crew had decided to join them. Raine climbed the ridge and looked out over the land, seeing mountains to the west and grassland and meadows in the east. The army split into tribes: Mel led the Pounding-Song tribe, the Spirit led the Healing-Sword tribe, Karen and Gízerálé led the Travelling-Wanderer tribe, Carlos led the Storm-Flight tribe, and Gatûkai-Zhëtzen led the Stone-Bright tribe. The army divided themselves, and there was a hundred or so in each tribe. Carlos, Karen and Gízerálé, and Gatûkai-Zhëtzen began their adventures in exploring the land, but Pounding-Song and Healing-Sword stayed by the shore a little longer.

The Spirit ate with the Faithful Ones on their last night together before beginning their explorations.
"Hey, Water Spirit, how have I brought hope?" asked Raine.
"You haven't seen how?" replied the Spirit, and Raine shook her head. "If you hadn't been chosen, nobody would have done the tasks. Nobody would have met Mel, or gone to Northesa. If nobody went to Northesa, the Northesians wouldn't have been freed, and nobody would have gone to the Archipelago or the Sylvan Land or Icendell. Nobody would know the Creator, because there would be no story to tell about seven children learning about Him over their travels with Mel. That is truly where the hope comes from, from confidence in the Creator and knowing that one has new life and a new chance. You brought hope to yourselves, the Northesians, and -- I trust -- to anyone who knows your story." Raine nodded.

Mel's bow and quiver hung on her back and the arrow she'd given Saul was tucked in his quiver as a reminder of grace and mercy. Pounding-Song ran through the grass and splashed through a river that gurgled in the soil. There was a forest in the north and east, reminders of when the Faithful Ones met Mel, there were mountains with a small network of caves, reminders of friendships built in the Dwarvern Caverns and of preparing for the battle in Northesa, there were taigas and tundras and rainforests and rivers to explore, reminders of the wild joy each person in that land had come to know. They sang the song written in their hearts, the ones without words, the ones they had always known, the ones made of freedom.