Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 12 | Tʜᴇ Pʀᴏᴘɪɴǫᴜɪᴛʏ

Thought I saw you at a bar last nightOh yeah, yeah, oh yeah yeah

Oh yeah, yeah, oh yeah yeah

Hid in the bathroom, I just couldn't stay high
Oh yeah yeah, oh yeah yeah

'Cause I took so much time to reset my life
But in just one look, I'm back
Forget that I could have any one I like
But now all I remember is what we had

Nobody, nobody, nobody compares to you
Somebody, somebody please help me get over you
'Cause it feels like I've been wasting my time
In all the wrong places, on all the wrong faces
Nobody compares to you

Hearing this in the background, I could only think what had happened to me in these past days. Seeing him at the club, panicking myself, then this wedding proposal. And now this trip and his gestures.

We were still in the car with Ahaan driving in full speed, music blasting in the background wrecking my nerves.

The words stilled my heart, and yet Ahaan was acting calmly. It felt like he knew very well that nobody compares to him when it comes to me.

I didn't want to be in an awkward situation with him right now, so the best option was to pause it.

Reaching for the button at the stereo of the car, I tapped on it, and the song paused right there. With this, Ahaan looked in my direction with his eyebrows raised.

I raised my eyebrows back at him.

"Why did you pause the song? I was enjoying listening to them." He said.

Of course.

"I was starting to get a headache." I lied smoothly.

"Are you okay? Do you want me to stop? Or anything else? Maybe we should take a break -" He started rambling, and it was such a cute sight.

"Ahaan."

"Ahaan."

"Ahaan!" I shouted finally.

He stopped his rambling and looked at me.

"I am okay. There is no need to panic. It's just that I didn't get much sleep and we've been driving for 3 hours so I am not feeling that good." I stated.

"Are you sure?" He asked again.

"A hundred percent." I replied.