Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 36 | Tʜᴇ Cᴏɴɢᴇɴɪᴀʟ

"This isn't matching

"This isn't matching." I grumbled under my breath.

I had dressed myself in a lehenga that was embedded with rhinestones. The blouse was of the same material whose sleeves reached till my elbows.

My hair was curled and left open freely with my face adorned with makeup. I had no earrings to pair with my outfit because I forgot to bring the matching ones, and the ones that Mom gave me didn't really match.

"Ahhh! I can't handle this anymore." I groaned, removing the earrings I was trying.

The bedroom door creaked open, revealing a dressed Ahaan in black tuxedo. He had gone to Dhruv's room, leaving me to myself for getting ready.

"Damn, look at my wife looking so hot." He complimented sitting beside me.

I smiled at him lightly.

"I have something for you." He said all of a sudden.

"What?" I questioned, raising my eyebrows.

"This." He said, forwarding a small box in my hands.

Confusion was evident on my face, so I quickly opened the box, revealing a pair of diamond earrings. They looked so exquisite, and his gesture took my heart away right there.

"They are beautiful." I complimented, and he smiled.

"But why did you get me this? My birthday was 2 months back." I frowned, looking at him.

"Is it compulsory for a reason to be there to gift your own wife?" He asked back.

"Oh, you're spoiling me then." I mumbled.

"That's what I was planning to do." He said, nodding with a smile.

"Why don't you?" I gestured him for the earrings, and he instantly took them.

"You're going to wear them now?" He asked in between.

"Yeah. You're a life saver, after all." I responded, turning sideways towards him.

"How?" He questioned, making me wear the earring.

"Because I forgot to bring the matching earrings. And the one which you gave match very well." I replied, smiling.

"I love you, Ky." He said, cupping my face with his right hand.

My heart leaped out of my chest at his words. There had been numerous times when he had said this, but this time, it did make me feel something different yet good.

I brushed my lips with his, and his lips parted open in response.

"I-"

"Kyra, Ahaan, come outside. We need to leave." I heard Dhruv's voice stopping me.