Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 35 | Tʜᴇ Pʀᴏxɪᴍᴀᴛᴇ

"No, Mom

"No, Mom. I am looking like a clown." I complained, looking at myself in the mirror.

"Kyra, you have to wear this. Today is an important ritual before the wedding, and I won't let you sit in your jeans that you've been wearing these past two days." Mom said sternly.

"I can wear something else that is traditional as well." I reasoned.

"For example?" She questioned.

"Uhh- you must be having something?" I asked back.

"No, I don't. Just complete your look and get downstairs the very next moment. We need to start soon." She said, getting out of my room.

Mom had given me a Saree to wear. It had minimal stone work on the whole thing with a small beaded border in the corner. A sleeveless blouse in the same color was pairing it.

I made my way downstairs with much difficulty due to the saree. There were a couple of times I was about to fall, but only I knew how I controlled myself. I was hungry as hell, so I directly went to the kitchen without paying any attention to my surroundings.

"Yes baby, don't worry." I heard Dhruv say who was sitting on the stool by the countertop.

"Of course. Today itself Sarah. I won't let you sleep even for a minute." Came his voice, and I immediately gagged.

I turned hastily, not in a mood of listening to their romantic talks. I didn't know that someone was just behind, resulting in me losing my balance.

"Woah! Where are you running like this?" Aarav questioned, straightening me.

"T-they-" I hesitated what to tell him.

"Well, at the end, you heard what you do as well." He butted in.

"What?" I questioned, horrified.

"Little Kyra, don't underestimate me. I may have been single all my life, but I do know what my friends are up to. Especially you four." He said with a smug look.

"You are insane." I said with a pink hue on my cheeks. His words had immediately made me recall Ahaan and I's moments.

My stomach again growled, signaling my hunger, so I made my way back to the kitchen, and by now, Dhruv's call was already over.

"You are looking like a balloon." Was Dhruv's first words.

"I know, right? But who will make Mom understand?" I replied, agreeing with him for the first time.