Day 3

2 days to go.

"I can't help it, I just need to close one chapter of my life and open a new one." I shrugged, looking into his eyes.

"And you think that this could solve the problem?" He asked, slightly irritated.

"It can. It will. I'm just going to jump." I smiled at him and he shook his head, disappointed. "What?" I questioned.

"Just don't worry about it." Vic said, walking away from me.

"Wait, what's going on?" I asked, more confused than anything.

"You're killing yourself and you don't think I would be upset?" He asked, running his fingers back through his hair.

"Vic, it's not like I have a reason to live." I told him coldly. His whole facial expression changed from hurt, to anger.

"Well, fine. Enjoy being dead." Next thing I knew, he was pushing me back and sent me tumbling back off the bridge.

When I woke up, it wasn't what time I expected to be up. It was 1 in the morning and I was laying in the arms of Vic as he tried to comfort me. I hadn't had nightmares in years, but this seemed to be the worst one I've had. The others were just my parents arguing or beating me or something, which wasn't so bad. At least in my dreams like that they'd touch me and at least have some sort of communication with me. I looked up at Vic who seemed more worried than anything else. He was in tears staring down at me and I felt horrible that I could make someone cry like that. Maybe the dream was telling me something, what if I'm not ready to die, what if I do hurt innocent people like Vic when I do. I moved out of his hold, going over to the other side of the bed and letting out slow breaths.

"I'm sorry." Vic said, looking guilty.

"It's fine." I told him bluntly, pointing at the vape I had on the nightstand.

"You were crying out and screaming and I didn't know what to do." His voice a mere whisper. He reached over and picked up the vape pen and handed it to me.

"I'm sorry I woke you." I told him and he just smiles and shook his head.

"I was already woke." He said, getting off my bed and going back to his. I had thought he fell asleep before I did, he must have faked or just woke up. I debated, turning on the pen and taking a long puff from it and blowing it out.

"How long have you been up?" I asked, taking another inhale of the vapor.

"Uh, about 2 hours." He said, shrugging as if it was no big deal. That probably meant he didn't get that much sleep, and probably would've went if it weren't for me.

"Oh, well, what have you been doing while you've been up?" I asked, looking at the amount of liquid left in the vape pen. It was almost empty, so I turned it off, reaching into my bag and pulling out the liquid.

"I've been, uh, reading." He told me, watching me take apart the pen to put the drops of liquid into the measuring part.

"Oh, what?" I asked, finishing up and putting it back together.

"Just some stupid book. It's not important." He moved over into bed and I watching him take out his phone and hide somewhat under the covers.

I didn't say anything else, just turned on the vape pen and began back to inhaling the flavored smoke and blowing it out. Filling up my lungs with the much too familiar inhalant, it was what I needed though. It helped me relax, plus, it's not as bad for you, so id rather have this. I stacked up my pillows behind me and sat back, looking at the wall in front of me. Crossing my arms, I started back to thinking about my dream, there had to be something going on in my head or else I wouldn't have had it. I looked at Vic, his eyes settled on his phone, the light making them twinkle some.