waking up

I woke up with blood staining the fabric I wore. I looked around the room and the walls were light blue. Momma was by my side holding my arm that was hooked to an IV, and had my finger in one of those things doctors put on your finger.

My nose felt dried with blood, and I sat up a little and felt the sting in my palms, and knees. They felt wrapped in medical tape. I looked at them and there was blood leaking slightly through the tape that covered them.

I took my mind off of my hands, knees, and the unbearable pain in both of them. I looked at momma, her hair had tiny peaces of hair turning a silver color. Her eyes looked swollen, and her cheeks looked tear streaked. I kissed her head, as a nurse walks in. The young man seen that I was awake, and woke up my mother.

"Luna, Your son woke up, would you like me to inform the Alpha and your other sons?" The nurse asked. Momma lifted her head firefly and looked at me, smiling softly and turning to see the nurse.

"Please do. Ill have them come in and speak with Maxy." Momma leans in and kisses my forehead. Wiping sweat off of my cheek. "Please, turn down the Ac, hes sweating like crazy." Momma told the nurse and she turned towards the door, looking back at me again worried. Her brows furrowed and I could tell she wanted to leave quickly before anyone got here and seen her crying.

I looked at the nurse, "am I ok?" I ask. My voice hoarse from what ever happened. The nurse looked at me gently. I seen concern in his eyes, but he tried to hide it.  He didn't answer me, and left the room. After a while my brothers came to see me, all had tears in their eyes.

They knew something that I didn't...

My father slowly walked into the room, 30 minutes exactly after my brothers did. He held my favorite stuffed animal, and set it in my arms, gently hugging me, I could feel his joints stiff.

They all tried their best to keep me occupied, and entertained. While hiding the truth, whatever that was, from me at the same time as from themselves. I grew impatient with it, and when everyone but father fell asleep, I asked.

"Whars wrong with me, you all are obviously trying to hide it." I speak up. My throat felt heavy, and I could tell my father was choking on tears.

"S-son, y-youve been dia-- diagnosed w-with c-cancer..." my father stuttered. He choked back all of his tears, and I sat, shocked. "Will it be fixed?" I asked. Father looked at me, and set his rough, yet gentle hand on my cheek, wiping the tears that started to trickle down my face.

Father took many moments to select his words to answer my question. "Yes, we are going to put you on chemotherapy, actually, we'll do that now. You are in the early stages of cancer, and luckily, we can treat it now." The nurse came back.

My father looked at him with thankful eyes as the nurse explained it instead. Momma walked into the room and both of them nodded their consent.

"This will make you more sick then the cancer itself, but it'll help, it'll get rid of the cancer, and you'll be able to play with your brothers again soon." The nurse looked me over. I smiled and looked at momma, I held my hands up for her to pick me up.

My parents decided that the nurse we saw at the pack hospital was to come visit me in my bedroom weekly. The nurse agreed, and my mom picked me up, and grabbed all of the medical things we needed, dad grabbed my personal belongings, and took us all home. I sat between Ethan and Nathan on the way home. I fell asleep on Ethans shoulder.

When we got home Ethan carried me inside to my room. My room was right next to mommas and dads room, with a connected bathroom. They thought it'd be easier for me to be closer to them. Ethan set me under my pastel yellow covers, and he turned the TV on to my favorite cartoon channel. I had Ethan stay and cuddle with me for a little bit, and he even took me and bathed me so I didn't smell so much like hospital.