Chapter Two: Frustrated

-ARTEMIS-

3:00 P.M., Monday, Mt. Justice

Artemis was in the living room of Mount. Justice, when she heard the Zeta Tubes announce:

Recognised. Robin, B01.

Recognised. Kid Flash, B03.

As usual, the two male superheroes came in laughing. Artemis felt a pang of annoyance and irritation. 

Robin must have seen Artemis' annoyance on her face, because he walked over and asked her, "What's wrong, Artemis? Never heard somebody laugh before?"

Now, Artemis and Robin had a steady friendship, but she couldn't help but feel that he was really, really annoying at times.

Artemis glared back at Robin, without saying anything.

"Seriously, is something wrong?" he prompted her, "I know you're hiding something."

She sighed. There really was no point in hiding anything from a kid trained by Batman, was there? "Alright, you win, bird boy. Let's get the whole team in the mission briefing room or whatever it's called."

-ROBIN-

3:15 P.M., Mt. Justice

Artemis called everyone to mission briefing room. Robin bounded eagerly and took a seat down on the cold floor. 

Soon, everyone filed into the room. "Okay, so this idea has been bugging me for quite a long time," Artemis started, "so. As you know, we've been a team for months already, and we already know each other's secret identity. Except for one teammate." She looked in Robin's direction.

Robin already knew where this was going. He tried to hide the terror from his face with a smile. He didn't knew if anyone bought his act, "Now, now," Robin smiled hesitantly, "I was given strict orders by Batman to not share our identity with y'all." He paused to let the words sink in.

Artemis frowned, clearly unsatisfied with his answer. Kaldur had a thoughtful expression on, Superboy with his blank, neutral one, while M'gann was humming something to herself, but was clearly thinking. 

Robin looked around the room, and realised that Wally had zoomed in the kitchen in search for snacks. He probably wanted to avoid this conversation, since he already new Robin's identity. 

Artemis started speaking again, "But you could tell Batman that we known you for so long already, and we still don't know your identity, while you know everything about us! It's hardly fair."

She got a point, Robin grunted in his head.

"What do you think, Kaldur?" Oh great, she was asking for opinions now. Just what Robin needed.

"I think we should not force Robin to reveal his identity if he does not wish to. Especially if Batman doesn't think it is the best option, either." Came the reply.

Robin's heart was banging in his ribcage. He was grateful that Kaldur didn't agree with the idea of sharing his identity, but there was still the other votes of the other teammates.

"M'gann?"

"I'm not really sure..."

Artemis was impatient now, "What about you, Superboy?"

Superboy turned towards Robin and said, to Robin's horror, "I'm sorry Robin... But I think Artemis got a point."

And at the really wrong moment, Wally came back to the mission briefing room with a pack of chips in his hand. "What did I miss?" he asked while munching on the chips.

"We're deciding if we should tell Robin to reveal his identity to us." M'gann said helfully.

Wally stopped chewing for a moment. Then he started again.

"What do you think, Wally?" Artemis asked the speedster.

Wally shrugged.

"Well looks like the majority of people are not sure whether my identity should be revealed or not, so, no, I will not be revealing my identity." Robin announced cheerfully, trying to hide his anxiety. 

He walked out of the room, desperate to avoid any other conversations about his identity. He felt Artemis' furious gaze burning into his neck.