Chapter 10: Now I know

-ARTEMIS-

Wednesday, 3:15 P.M., Gotham Academy

Artemis raced through the hallways of Gotham Academy, searching for him.

Accidentally bursting through a group of students, she found Dick Grayson.

"Where were you?" she cried, "We were supposed to meet at the school gate, and you were not there!"

"Woah there," Dick laughed, "is it illegal for me to be late? Nah, didn't think so. I was just talking to Babs." he nodded towards the ginger haired girl Artemis saw before.

Babs, who's real name turned out to be Barbara, waved and smiled at Artemis.

"Anyway," Dick continued, "I suspect Artemis only came running back because the Team called?"

Artemis shrugged.

"Right?"

"Yeah," Artemis eyed Barbara.

"Aw it's fine," Dick reassured, "Barbara already knows."

Artemis glared at Dick, "So you trusted this girl more than you trusted us with your identity."

"Barbara's not just 'a girl'!" Dick protested.

Barbara raised an eyebrow and said, "I'll... leave you both to it." and then rushed over to a police car, where an old guy wearing sunglasses and holding a box of doughnuts was standing. 

As the two heroes walked out of the gates, Artemis whispered to Dick, "You're totally in love with her."

"Shut up, Crock."

"Whatever, Grayson."

-END-