10

Sunlight slowly seeped into the hotel room waking Gulf up in the process. His face lightened up by the light made him look truly angelic.

Gulf couldn't process much initially. After sometime, he realized that the hotel room wasn't familiar.

Gulf panicked and tried to sit up but felt something preventing him from doing so.

Two hands grasped him tighter by the waist. He looked up to see a sleeping Mew.

Mew looked very innocent and free from all the worries while asleep. Gulf smiled looking at Mew but it was immediately replaced with a frown.

He quickly looked at themselves to realize that he had slept on top of Mew with a blanket wrapped around them both and having Mew's hands wrapped around him protectively.

"Thank God!" Gulf let out a sigh of relief after feeling his clothes on his skin.

"What are you so relieved about?" A hoarse voice said.

Gulf turned his head to see Mew had woken up. Mew slowly slid away from beneath him and rubbed his sleepy eyes.

"Why are we here?" Gulf asked.

"You fainted yesterday and I could not carry you home in that condition since your mom was very much worried."

"Oh no! Mom!" Gulf facepalmed and looked down with his mind filled with thoughts.

"She came to my house telling me that you took the bike. She was very worried and my grand mother calmed her down. After putting you to bed, I informed them that we would be back later today." Mew reached out to pat Gulf's head but stopped midway.

Gulf felt his heart sink lower on seeing Mew hold himself back.

"Aren't you going to ask me anything?" Gulf asked.

"I don't think that I am the person you want to share things with." Mew said while climbing off the bed.

"Please!" Gulf held Mew's hand while looking down.

"What is it?" Mew's eyes softened upon seeing a distressed Gulf.

Gulf looked into Mew's eyes. Gulf's eyes were teary and his nose was red. Gulf looked really vulnerable yet cute to Mew's eyes.

Mew got on the bed and hugged Gulf closed to him.

"I am sorry!" Gulf said in between sobs.

"Why are you sorry, baby?" Mew was very confused but he tried his best to comfort his beloved.

"Don't leave me. My dad and you. No!" Gulf spoke incoherently.

"Gulf, baby! Look at me and talk to me." Mew held Gulf's face in his hands and talked to him sweetly.

"My dad and I were on the bike the night when I got driving license. I was driving. I drove too fast and we crashed with a car that came in the wrong lane. I survived but my dad!" Gulf broke down in Mew's embrace.

"Shh, baby! It's over. I am here for you." Mew whispered sweet nothings into Gulf's ears. Mew held him tighter.

"Please don't leave me alone!" Gulf cried harder.

"But are you sure that you really wnat me here? Honestly tell me baby, do you think you can reciprocate my feelings? If not, I will try my best to be a best friend to you." Mew said feelingvtaht he was compelling Gulf.

"No! I don't know whta I feel towards you but the feeling is good and I never thought was gay either so all this is very confusing to me. But when I felt your ignorance-" Gulf got stuck as he reads refilled his eyes.

Mew took the younger's face into his hands and caressed his cheek bones.

"It is okay. Let it out." Mew whispered.

"When I felt your ignorance, I felt something very important missing. It did break me. I felt what I felt when my dad left me and I knew it was like whta happened with dad. I was the one who caused his death. Only if I hadn't driven so fast, ge would still be here and like that if I didn't be so irritable and a jerk to you, you would have stayed."

Mew let Gulf finish his rambling before talking.

"Gulf, what happens with your dad is not your fault okay? Your mom would be great broken to know that you still blame yourself. And about you driving me away, am I not here? I am right? I will never leave you. I just didn't want you to be around me and me around you if you didn't like me. I just wanted to recover from the heart break." Mew whispered.

"I am sorry!" Gulf said.

"You don't have to be. Thankyou for being strong and telling me everything." Mew said as he kissed Gulf on the forehead.

Gulf smiled with tears of joy that Mew wiped away.

Mew touched his forehead to feel it burning up. He lay Gulf down on the bed and covered him with a blanket. Gulf slept soon with Mew holding him close.

Gulf woke up later in the afternoon. Mew and him slipped into a comfortable silence while eating their lunch after which both of them left the hotel room.

Mew drove Gulf home.

"I will bring your bike." Mew smiled at Gulf while parking his bike in the garage.

Gulf nodded with a slight smile and walked into his house to confront his worried mother.

Mew's love for Gulf increased more than ever after seeing him at his lowest. He walked back to the street and drove the bike back home with several memories of the night before in his mind.

Mew drove the bike to Gulf's house and parked it in the garage before going in.

"Mew, do you love him?" Gulf's mother asked Mew.

They both were standing in the living room while Gulf was in his room, upstairs.

"Mom, I..." Mew didn't know what to say.

"Mew, I think you love him. I can see it in your eyes. I give you my blessings but please don't hurt him. He has been through much already." Gulf's mother walked away saying so.

"I will never hurt him." Mew promised Mae and himself.

He walked upto Gulf's room with Fai.

"I am sorry, Mew." Gulf started.

"Why?" Mew asked while setting himself and Fai on the bed beside Gulf.

"I didn't think of my ex while naming her. It's just that Puifai was a name that I love very much." Gulf said.

Mew only hummed after hearing this.

"She was my past."  Gulf continued.

"I am not sure of my future but I can give you a chance. I can give us a chance if you want. Though I can't promise anything yet." Gulf said softly.

Mew's eyes widened on hearing the sweet confession and he pulled Gulf into a tight and longing embrace.

"I care about you more than anything. I will make us work!" Mew said softly.

The rest of the day was spend in pure bliss.

💛