A Mother's Love and Comfort

NO POV

Pyrrha's eyes slowly opened only to see darkness she glanced at her clock and saw that it was the middle of the night. She lied there, wondering what caused her to wake up. And then she heard it. The whimpering of a child.

Pyrrha got up and walked over to Minerva's room. She slowly opened the door and saw her daughter, tossing and turning on her bed. She was whimpering, clutching her stuffed ursa tightly, and tears going down her face.

Pyrrha kneeled down by the side of his bed and lightly shook him. Minerva's eyes quickly shot open, but he relaxed once she saw it was her mother.

Pyrrha: Nightmare, honey?

Minerva nodded her head.

Pyrrha: Want to talk about it?

She thought about it for a minute, but then shook her head.

Pyrrha: Want to sleep with me?

Minerva once again nodded his head. Pyrrha picked up Minerva and took her to her room.

She sat down on the bed Minerva was lying against her. She wrapped her arms around her and began to stroke her hair as Minerva cuddled up against her. The two sat in silence for a few minutes until Minerva talked.

Minerva: How did Daddy die?

Pyrrha frowned as the memories of that night came back to her. Minerva saw her face and looked down.

Minerva: Sorry.

Pyrrha: It's fine, you're going to learn it one day. Might as well tell you right now.

Pyrrha thinks for a few seconds on what to say.

Pyrrha: It was towards the end of the fall of Beacon. Me and your father were going after a woman named Cinder. She's a very dangerous woman who was one of the people responsible of the fall. We were in a courtyard and I told him I was going to fight Cinder on my own. He protested against it, but I managed to silence him with a kiss. However, he tricked me by throwing me in a weapons locker and went off to fight Cinder on his own. When he met Cinder on top of the tower, he fought her, but he lost. She shot an arrow in his head and then completely destroyed him. It was because of Jaune's death that a friend of mine managed to end the battle. I returned home where I was pregnant with you.

Pyrrha felt something slide down her check. She raised her hand and touched her cheek. She was crying.

Minerva saw this, so she wrapped her arms around her neck. Pyrrha in return hugged her back. They stayed this way for a few minutes, not wanting to let go of each other, but then they let go.

Minerva: I love you, mommy.

Pyrrha kissed him on her forehead.

Pyrrha: I love you too, Minerva. Never forget that. You know, you're a lot like your father. You're brave, smart, goofy and have a love of Pumpkin Pete.

They both giggled. Then Pyrrha layed Minerva's head on her lap. She started to stroke her hair as she sang a song to her.

Pyrrha singing:

Hush your cries

Close your eyes

Stay with me

Let's just dream

Quietly

Of what might be

Calm your fear

I'll be near

To you, I'll cling

Rest, my friend

Time can mend

Many things

I don't know the answers

Tomorrow's still unknown

But I can make this promise

You won't be alone

I don't know where we should go

Just feeling farther from our goal

I don't know what path we will be shown

But I know that when I'm with you, I'm at home

Yes I know that when I'm with you, I'm at home

There's a quiet place

In my embrace

A haven of safety where

I'll dry your tears

Shelter here

In my care

But even when we stumble

And someday when we fall

What I remember

That I had you through it all

I don't know where we should go

Just feeling farther from our goal

I don't know what path we will be shown

But I know that when I'm with you, I'm at home

Yes I know that when I'm with you, I'm at home

Yes, I know that when I'm with you, I'm at home

By the time Pyrrha was done singing, Minerva was fast asleep. She kissed her forehead and gently pulled the covers over her.

She smiled at her sleeping form look soon turned into one of anger. Her eyebrows narrowed as she grinded her teeth together. All at the thought of one person: Cinder Fall.

Pyrrha (thought): Years later, Cinder still continues to taunt me. And now she is affecting my daughter. The next time I see her, I will kill her, There we go!

A/n: Chapter 2 is now complete! I hope you guys enjoy!