Chapter 5: A Day in the Academy

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto. It belongs to Kishimoto-sensei.

OxoxO

Sounds of arguing female voices broke me out of my sleep. There were maybe 5 or 7 of my female classmates. I tried to understand what they were arguing over. When one of them mentioned the word 'my beloved' and another questioned her right to claim her Sasuke as her beloved, I couldn't help but let out groan. Did they really have to argue who would get to sleep with him in the future this early in the morning? Okay, not really sleeping with him but you get the point. Classes still hasn't started yet and judging by the volume they were arguing, it isn't going to die down anytime soon. There goes my hope of taking a nap before class. Guess I will follow Shikamaru's lead after class starts.

You might be wondering why I was sleeping in class right now. It's because yesterday was the last day the doctor told me to take it easy for. So today I wanted to test my limit by running. I woke 5 in the morning and after slurping down a cup of instant ramen, I went out to start running at jogging speed. The stamina Naruto possessed amazed me.

When I was a member of school fencing club, our coach would sometime tell us to run for 30 minutes. Even though many of us protested, we did it anyway. And when 30 minutes were over he would ask us to run for 10 more minutes for him. I did it without any complaints. Why? Because after 30 minutes of running I was too busy trying to breath to complain and my legs would move on their own.

But in Naruto's body I ran for 2 hours straight and the only problem I had was sore feet. Even that was gone after sitting down for 10 minutes. After that I slowly made my way to the Academy where one of my clones was instructed to bring my breakfast. After finishing the breakfast, there was still an hour and half time left before class starts. So I decided it will be time well spent if I take a nap. But the girls couldn't have chosen anywhere else to argue.

I stood up from my seat and went to the bathroom to wash my face. I looked around to see who else was in the class beside Sasuke's fan club. Other boys of the class were missing for the most part. No doubt playing; out in the playground. Shikamaru sat 2 rows in front of me, sleeping through the girls' screeching, either he had put on a pair of earplugs or he is that good in sleeping. Chouji was sitting beside him, munching on his chips without a care in the world. Sasuke was sitting in all by his lonesome, brooding and no doubt mentally going over 1001 Ways of Killing Your Brother Successfully or 101 Arabian Wet Dreams of Killing Your Brother.

On my way back to the class, I saw Hinata. The girl seemed tired even this early in the morning. That was to be expected, she spends every morning in Gentle Fist training. And trying to control your chakra and moving your limbs are hard. It's like trying to move one hand clockwise and the other anti-clockwise at the same time. You are going to mess up until you do it the right way for a thousand times.

"Hey Hinata, good morning." I greeted her when I came near her. The girl turned her head and greeted me. When we entered the class, I saw few other boys have come from the playground and the girls were still arguing, but this time with Ino and Sakura in the mix. Both of the girls have joined the other girls in staking their claims over Sasuke and the reasons they were his soulmates as loud as they can. I tried to tune out what they were saying/yelling but some of it still attacked my ears.

"I am his soulmate, 'cause I have black hair just like him."

"Your hair isn't natural black like mine."

"Both of you back off. Both my hair and eyes are black just like him."

"He already has those. Why would he need any of that? I am going to be his soulmate no matter what!"