Chapter 14: Objective : Red Eye

I want to start off this note by apologizing to those who are following this story for updating this story so late. But I have excuses for that.

First, I didn't get the govt job that I mentioned few chapters ago. I passed the MCQ and written portion but I failed on practical test. So I had to sulk in the corner.

Second, Ramadan. Anyone who knows about it can guess how tired some can get after a whole day of fasting.

And finally, I got a promotion in my current job from Data Entry Operator to Data Entry Supervisor just after Eid. It took me few days get used to new responsibilities. But I am managing.

Again I am sorry because I had to half this chapter but I think I have been absent from duty to you guys enough. Hope you enjoy this chapter.

OxoxO

Being a prankster, Naruto knew Hidden Leaf's underground sewerage tunnel like the back of his hand. In his venture into sewerage tunnels, he found that there was a hole in a tunnel's wall that sometime emptied fresh water into the tunnel. In his childish mind, he thought that it was there to make human waste flow faster. But surely Hidden Leaf's authority wouldn't be so stupid to waste water to make shit flow better. My conclusion was, they didn't. So the question that naturally came to mind was who did and why. Then again it was just a hole in sewerage tunnel so it wasn't important for me to keep in the forefront of my mind.

Then a watch-rat got drenched in water coming out of it and surprisingly the water was warm. So he observed the hole for a whole day. His observation let me know that hot water flowed through that hole in every 3 hours which would be unusual without a diligent attendant or an automated system. But there wasn't any hot spring bath in a mile radius. If the water came from outside of that range then surely it would've cooled down before getting to the hole. This called for looking into.

So I wasn't surprised when a clone of mine found an underground lab at the other end of the narrower side tunnel. Now you might want to ask what was so much water was used here for. The answer is, "To light up the place."

A reservoir with capacity of approximately 10,000 liters was built there. A pipe filled it up with water from river in about half a kilometer distance. Water discharge and Intake were controlled with help of ingenious system that utilized hollow metal cylinders, pipe, switch and counterweights.

Since the water flowed into the reservoir continuously, something had to be done with the excess electricity. That's where a secondary reservoir came in. water flowed into it after turning the turbine. Several immersion water heater rod was hung from ceiling above. They were turned on and off same way as primary reservoir's discharge valve. Though there was another switch that was probably turned off while the owner was working here and may be he turned it on when he felt like taking a hot bath.

I was awed by all of this. Sure there were several flaws in this system but it would be insulting to the guy who built this place to not acknowledge him as a genius. It was a miracle that this system was still functional without regular maintenance.

At first I thought I had found one of Orochimaru's lab where he experimented on human. I had to throw away several body parts, mostly bones, away. This lab was used for human experimentation for sure but it didn't belong to Orochimaru.

From the notes I found here, a ninja named Hiruko built this place during 2nd Great Ninja War. Although he wasn't searching for immortality like Orochimaru, his objective no less selfish. He used people as Guinee pig for his research on incorporating bloodline limit into his own body.

It's a shame that all the samples he collected in his hay day was rotten and contaminated long before I found this place. Of course I wouldn't use his method. That relied too much on body modification and it gave off the feeling of Shou Tucker's human transmutation from Fullmetal Alchemist. I liked my current body as it was, thank you very much. But I kept his notes in a storage seal. Who knows when they might be of use to me?