CHAPTER SIXTY-THREE | BREAKING DAWN

《PART TWO》

THE FLAMES DANCED FROM THE LIT FIRE, THE COLLECTIVE STONES OF THE FIREPLACE CLUTTERED WITH BROKEN EDGES; THE warmth from the fire filled the Cullen residence

THE FLAMES DANCED FROM THE LIT FIRE, THE COLLECTIVE STONES OF THE FIREPLACE CLUTTERED WITH BROKEN EDGES; THE warmth from the fire filled the Cullen residence. The nightly hung low on the breeze, it was chilly for those whom were mortal. But the immortals couldn't be bothered. Flows of red curls touched the prominent defined cheekbones of Edythe Cullen, her red ruby eyes shined brightly as she gazed at the flames, which reflected in her eyes. She inhaled, the warp of smoke flooded her nostrils. She always loved the smell of burning oak.

"Bellamy & Elizabeth are sleeping" The voice of her husband caught her ears, it was his low voice, inhuman whisper. She smiled to herself as she peaked over her shoulder at him "Do you think we can sneak off to our house? Seth said Charlie hasn't been around lately" she grimaced, thinking of her father whom she knew has been crazy with worry since Edward told him that both his daughters were ill with the same virus. For the life of her, Edythe couldn't remember what Edward said off the top of her head.

A ill-fated cheshire grin spread across Emmett's face as he crossed his arms, the dimples on the corners of his cheeks made her heart flare with an unbeatable emotion. If it no longer beat does not mean she feels life flare within her very soul. The redhead moved her hand into the flames feeling the burn of it as she retracted her hand back in mere silence and awe looking at the smokey char glare over her flesh as it dissolved into her perfectly porcelain pale pallor.

"I'd be Mrs. Cullen" Emmett's voice was soft, challenging as the smirk in his dazzling golden eyes.  "So it seems you want to abandon our children with our relatives to do scandalous things huh" His words made Edythe settled her flamed ruby red eyes, the dip of passion in his tone would have made her red in the cheeks but with no beating heart - meant no pulsating blood. "And if I say I did?" Her voice dripped with sarcasm, a challenge was thrust into the air.

"Then I must oblige to my wife's needs" The immortal vampire grinned sheepishly as he signaled for Leah, who patiently paced outside standing afloat. From the married couple, their minds stooped to the fact that Leah was still coping to the fact she imprinted on someone finally, and that someone was no more of a human than she was or no more than a vampire than to the family they were born into.

The shapeshifter paused, lauding the thought in her brain as her deep chestnut brown eyes divulged with a sliver of amber shifted to one of discomfort as she entered the Cullen household. Her bronze russet skin, drafted over to healing marks from her earlier adventures.

"Me and Edythe are heading home. We will be fixing up Bels & Elizabeth's rooms. Can you watch-" His words stopped when he saw the hope & joy flare up in the young woman eyes as she heard the mention of her imprintee. Her cropped black shoulder length hair was tousled back into a short ponytail with her hands brushing back strands behind her ear.