Chapter 1

"YA LEVANTATE!!WE'RE LEAVING " My mom yelled to me from downstairs to wake me up. I groaned, and pulled a pillow to my face.

  Hey , um I'm Emily. Emily Marie but most people call me Em. Me and  my mother are moving to my cousin Alan McCleannan's or  Yeah-Yeah as we call him, neighborhood. We had our things ready and we're about to head out to our new home that is thousand's of miles away,since he lives in Los Angeles and I lived in Texas. I wasn't very happy about all of this but I really didn't have a choice. I grabbed my last box from my room which was filled with my baseballs, bats and gloves. I put my old dodgers hat on backwards and walked downstairs to my mom.

"Are you ready ?" She asked, I nodded and she smiled, "This is gonna be a new start" she said "I guess" I mumbled. "What's wrong ?" "I just don't wanna move..I grew up here" she sighed. "I know sweetie but its gonna be okay" she smiled. I nodded and fake smiled I got on the truck and rested my head on the window.

  Well I guess I should be telling you more about me since I have the time. Um where do I start. I'm an only child and I live with my mom, my dad isn't with us not because he left us or passed away but because he is in the army , he's been gone for a year now and I miss him terribly but he writes to me which makes me feel better. I love baseball , just like him ever since I was a little girl my dad pushed me to baseball and I loved it. Im not like most girls my age obviously, I stand up for myself, I kind of have an attitude and I'm sarcastic sometimes but that's just the way i am. I'm not really girly neither I love wearing t-shirts and jerseys, with some jeans or shorts with my converse or my Pf flyers. I'm a bit of a tomboy well not a bit but you get my point. Um I'm 14 and I'll be 15 in a month, I'm mexican also some people say I have an accident. I I'm not really into guys. I mean I'm not a lesbian but I don't fall for guys easily ,I had a boyfriend but he cheated so I dumped him. Im about 5'5 I have tanish skin I have long natural curly hair that I get from my mother, I have blue greyish eyes that I get from my father. I have small yet noticible freckles. Um body wise I'm curvy on all the right places I'm confident in myself and I really don't give a shit when someone tells me something negative about my appearance. I was always made fun of because I had a slightly bigger chest than most girls but I didn't care, most guys say I have an amazing "big ass" but I don't see it as big. I work out alot so I'm not very chubby or very skinny I'm average I guess. Umm I don't know what else to say ? I used to get bullied but I stood up for myself and hitted them , which made me get suspension. Owell is all I got to sayIf someone messes with me or any of my friends of course I'm gonna step in that's just the way I am. I get good grades at school I'm a huge "nerd" you can say. But I honestly don't mind what people say. And yeah well I don't know what else to say so eh that's it.
  "Honey?" "Huh yeah!" I said looking at my mom "we're here!" She said excitedly "oh joy" I said sarcasticly. When I got off I noticed the house was a shade of light green next to a pink house I laughed "I feel sorry for the kid who lives there" I thought to myself. I grabbed boxes and walked inside and dropped them off . I walked back to the u-hual trailer and noticed there was another one next to ours in the pink house. I shortish boy was caring some boxes in as well, when I noticed a few guys walking down the street as one of them left the other was alone walking. The boy with the boxes waved at the other but he just nodded and walked in his house. The other boy looked down and kept carring things in. I shrugged and kept doing the same thing over and over again until I finally finished. It was around 3 and I sighed. I walked home and went to my room I later there with my globe and baseball throwing it up and catching it every time. I didn't know what to do I was bored "Hey" my mom smiled. "Oh hey ma" "so I saw there was a few boys around your age walking around earlier" "yeah so ?" "Well don't you think you should go talk to them? And make some friends or more than friends" she smirked , I rolled my eyes "mom no" she sighed. "Fine but you have to make friends summer is in a few days! " I shrugged "well are you still gonna be like this" "what do you mean ?" "A tomboy" "yup" "but-" "mom I'm not that type of girl and I'm not changing neither just because we moved" she sighed "fine, well while I'm finish un-packing how about you hang out with your cousin. He lives a few houses from here" "I haven't seen him in years what if we don't have things in common ! What if he's a square!" "Emily!" "I'm just saying" I mumble. "Honey its going to be alright now go!" "Okay but let me finsuh putting up my posters!" "Very well" and she walked out. I finished hanging up my babe Ruth poster and other teams up. I had a box in the corner where they were filled with baseballs some old and new . My dad will always get me some since his friend worked at a drug store which selled a lot of them. I looked in the mirror satisfied. I wore my dodger's hat backwards with a plain white shirt with black slaves and some shorts with my black converse. I walked out and started walking to his house. I passed a red car and a few others until I finally made it. I knocked and a girl around 11 opened the door . "hello um is this the McCleannan's house?" She nodded "um well I'm Emily-" "EMILY!" She hugged me and as soon as she did a woman around her 30's walked to the door , "KATE WHOS AT THE- oh um yes may I help you ?" "My name is Emily Ma-" "oh my ! Emily!" She hugged me tight "I haven't seen you since you were a little girl !"  I smiled "hello ! Oh I heard yah moved in town I'm so happy dont worry if yah ever need something we're right here" I smiled "thank you tia" she smiled "um oh ! Alan is in his room down that hall to the left" "thank you" she nodded and closed the door. I walked to the door and knocked "come in!" He yelled I opened the door and he had looked up and his eyes widened. "Oh um hi, I'm Emily " "hey, uh call me yeah-yeah" I nodded he stood up and since I was taller than him "uhh not that I'm complaing but um what are you doing here and who are you" he said looking me up and down. "I just moved here my house is a few houses down and I'm your cousin" when I said that he turned pale and looked like he was gonna barf. "Oh shit" I grabbed my hat and fanned him "are you okay" "yeah yeah, its just just I was checking you out and you turn out to be my cousin!" I wanted to laugh hard "Eww! Dude" I laughed and he finnaly felt better. "I don't really remember you so shut up" he laughed. "Um yeah we grew up together until you moved" he started at me but he quickly jumped "oh shit! Little Em" he hugged me and I nodded "yeah" I smiled . "Damn well we need to talk a lot." He said I nodded and we sat down. Turns out he plays baseball and he loves it, him and his friends go to something called the sandlot we talked and talked and got to know each other better until I had to leave, "well maybe I'll take you to the sandlot one day" "yeah maybe" and I left.
   *Next day*