Chapter 2

Benny's p.o.v ~

Me and the boys were at the sandlot as usual playing ball , Kenny had swung the baseball at me and of course I hit it on the first try. But as it no flew, it was going towards this kid staring at the fence "WATCH OUT !" We all yelled. But it was to late when he turned around and looked up the ball hit him causing him to fall to the ground. The boys all laughed except for me, I looked down and shook my head. He got up and dusted himself off and yelled "KAY ! I'LL GET IT !" He started looking for the ball and I watched him as he did when he finally did, he quickly ran and tried to position himself. But when he did throw the ball it only fell a good 3 feet away from him. The boys roared in laughter while falling down on the ground, I looked down and sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose , when I looked up the boy,he had already ran and disappeared. After the guys laughed and we played for a while i called it for the day we all went our ways. When I had got home my mom was cooking "hey ma" "hey mijo" she smiled. "How'd it go?" She asked "ok its just the guys were making fun if this kid who doesnt really play baseball good" I sighed. She looked at me and said "well what did you do " "nothing I was gonna go talk to him but he ran away before I had the chance what do I do ?" She opened her mouth but closed it and smiled, "that's for you to find out" I nodded and walked to the living room to watch tv, after I flipped threw the channels and saw nothing was on I decided to take a walk. I noticed a girl wearing skinny jeans and a white plain t-shirt and black converse, and a dodgers cap. She had brown curly hair, when she turned to face me I saw she had blue-greyish eyes and small freckles. I was waiting for her to give me a smile or anything but instead she shrugged and looked away. Wow..well say something Benny. "Uh hey ?" I said "hi" and she turned to face me and smiled, damn I have to admit she was pretty cute, I haven't seen her around she's probably one of the new neighbors in this street. "Um you're new right ?" I asked "obviously" I chuckled. "What's your name then" I asked "Emily Marie" "Nice name, I'm Benjamin Franklin Rodriguez, but you can call me Benny" "So you're Benny" she smiled. Wait how does she know me ? "Oh my cousin told me about you" she said knowing I was lost. "Cousin ?" "Yeah" "do I know him ?" "No shit" she laughed. Damn.. I was embarrassed obviously. "That was a stupid question" I said and she nodded. "So I'm guessing you play ?" I said looking at her Dodger's cap. I was shocked when she said it was her life . "What position you play ?"  She asked me which made me smirk "Everything" I said proudly. "Wow really ?" She seemed shocked but impressed "yeah, you ?" "Me too, but mainly bat and outfield" she answered. Impressive. "Really ? Wow I never met a girl who likes baseball, you seem pretty cool" I smiled while she blushed "thanks" she said. Wait what if she said that to impress me since her cousin talked about me!

"But" I started and stopped walking and she followed my actions. "How do I really know you like baseball and aren't trying to impress me like the other girls and trying to get with me" I raised my eyebrow at her. She was speechless until she spoke, " First of all I just me you kid, why would I say I'm someone I'm not what the fuck, and plus why would I want to impress a pretty boy like you" she rolled her eyes and started walking away from me. "Dammit" I mumbled " Wait !" I yelled but she kept walking I jogged to her and stoped in front if her "I- I didn't mean it like that" "yup, sure you didn't" she rolled her eyes and pushed passed me and started walking across the street into a greenish house. "Man I shouldn't have said that" I sighed and started walking back home , at least I know where she lives. I mentally slapped myself for sounding like such a kreeper. I went to my room to lay down and think until my mom called for dinner. After we ate I went back to my room to have some shut eye, since i have to wake up early for the sandlot. I relaxed and fell asleep after thinking of what to do tomorrow.
 Emily's p.o.v~~