Chapter 1

{Spencer's POV} 6 months. 6 months without her. 6 months she's been gone. 6 months since the day my life fell apart. November 5 was the day she ran away from me. Her son. Her job. Her life. She dropped everything, just no one seems to know why.
I sat at her desk stationed in our bedroom at home. I fingered at the corner of the last picture I took with her. It was a picture of me and JJ asleep on the futon in my office at work. Penelope Garcia, our tech analyst at the BAU, took the picture as a joke. But when she disappeared a mere 4 days after, I begged her to send it to me. A solitary tear fell from my we and splashed on the desktop as I imagined her in my head. Her golden hair, her blue eyes, gone forever for all I knew.
Of course, the team searched for her. But our duties took us all elsewhere and we had to drop the case.
That was 4 months ago.
Since then, I've cared for Henry, her 5-year-old son, and slept alone at night. It's truly amazing how much colder the bed was without her. She was the fire that kept me warm, now the fire has been extinguished.
I started again. Drugs that is. I never wanted to, for Henry's sake, but I couldn't help it. Piece by piece my life is falling apart. And I'm not sure I'll ever put it back together again.
"Daddy?"
I glanced up as I frantically wiped the streaks of tears now sliding down my face. The young boy who looked so much like his mother stood in the doorway, clutching a yellow teddy bear. I checked the time on my phone.
10:34
"Henry, you should be in bed," I spoke so quiet it was almost a whisper. He looked up at me with his bright blue eyes. They looked at me with sadness, pleading for comfort. From JJ.
"I can't sleep," he whispered back. "I miss mommy!"
I sighed, "Well why don't you come sleep in here for tonight..?"
"Weally?!" He murmured.
"Yes really," I replied. I walked over to him, grabbed his hand and led him into the bed. He crawled immediately over to the side where JJ once slept and I climbed in next to him. He laid his head upon my chest and, within an hour, he was asleep. His steady breathing even reminded me of her. I found myself wondering why I wait for her everyday. She wasn't coming back. Ever. She's gone for good.
I too fell asleep that night, but it wasn't a peaceful sleep at all.