Part 5

I sat down next to the bucket and brought my knees to my chest. I waited for a while cold and shivering until I saw the door move, "Fair warning," He opened the door and caught a glimpse of me and immediately turned around and closed the door facing it, "I was gonna say I'm naked."

"I-I brought some more food if you want it. It's not as g-good as the rice and pork but it'll do. You need some clean clothes then? I can run and get some from my room quick." He sticks out his hand behind him holding what looks to be a peanut butter sandwich. "Here this is for you. I didn't have time to make much else. So I hope it's okay."

"Yea it's fine." I stand up and head over to him. As I get closer I notice his ears are all red. "Hey, I thought you said it's nothing you hadn't seen before. So why are you all shy now." I snatched the sandwich, "Honestly it's like you have two different personalities." I take a step back. "I'm not gonna run when you open the door or hurt you even though your back is turned. So just make sure you get some clean clothes."

"Right!" He heads out the door quickly and closes it behind him. 

God, what a nerd. He was looking kinda skinny though now that I got a better look at him not sitting down. I wonder what his situation is like out there? Is it better or worse than mine?  

This time he was back fairly quickly, opening the door with his eyes cast down, "Here, I hope this fits. I don't know if we're the same size though so I'm sorry if it's small." He holds out a long sleeve and a pair of black sweatpants.

"It'll be fine." I take the clothes and quickly put them on, "And Um... thanks." I motion to the bag and clothes and the now clean spot on the ground. "Even though I just beat the shit out of you, you still took care of me. So thanks for that."

"You're my friend Kacchan. I want to help you as much as I can." He looks up and sees me fully clothed now, "I'm going to grab your clothes and bag now. Did you need anything else?"

"No." I head over to my cot and he goes to pick up all the wet items in or by the bag, "Hey Deku."

"Hmm?" He hums without turning around.

"You want half of this?" I rip the sandwich in half and hold it out to him.

He turns around, "No that's yours to have." His stomach growls and he puts his arm in front of it as if to silence it.

"Just take it. After throwing up I don't feel too hungry anyway."

"Thank you." He sets the stuff down over by the door and joins me on the cot. Taking the half offered he how's down on it.

I shiver and eat the other half. We sit in silence for a little while eating and he shivers as well. "Come here," I said motioning for him to come closer. I knew how cold it was in here and knew that a little body heat could go a long way.

"W-what?" he stutters.

"Hey, you've been helping me. So get your ass over here and I can share whatever body heat I have." He slides closer and leans into me. I wrap an arm around him enjoying his body heat as well. 

"Thanks, Kacchan."

"Yea don't worry about it Deku." I passed out with him on my cot. I slept warm that night for the first time since I got there, and I slept soundly. 

I had a dream that night where I saw Deku scribbling away at a notebook mumbling to himself, "Yea, here... here... and ash. Yes, that's good." He seemed to have a map opened up on the computer. At one point he turned towards me, "I'm going to bring you back Kacchan. I found them. For sure this time promise." 

I woke up alone but not cold. His heat still lingered which means he only just left. I sigh, "Whatever." I curl up a bit where the cot was still warm until it gets too cold to lay still. I get up and walk over to the faucet to drink some water. Man, it's totally boring here without anything to do. Maybe I could see if Deku could get me a ball or something.