Part 8

After I spent the night in Kacchan's room and he tried to escape I was on thin ice. No way anyone could look at that and think it wasn't planned. Now my allegiances are being questioned, and I'm being watched 24/7. The limited-time I was able to visit Kacchan freely before; has been completely taken away. I haven't seen him in 3 days. I hope he's doing alright.

I grab a few leftover grocery bags from underneath the sink and head to the first trashcan I have to empty. On my way there I glance at the boss's door that had his schedule posted for the day. "Damn big meeting today. Guess I'll have to go in and clean before... 2:30. Okay, I have about 3 hours before that. I'll finish this and then go clean while he's getting ready. Although, I might get in his way. No that can't be helped. I have to clean the room before the meeting. Maybe I could clean it now?"

"Kid, you're fine. Come back and clean later. Just stop that irritating mumbling outside the door."

"Oh! Sorry boss!" I hurry away and head downstairs to the security room to change the trash bag. This whole complex was a series of confusing stairs and hallways. I had to carry around a map for the first few days. I walk the same path every day now at the same time with no deviations. Get up, make breakfast for myself and the other few guys in the morning, empty all the trash, clean all the rooms and hallways. 

I even had to clean my blood out of the docs experiment chamber. I can still feel that hot pain of the scale on my skin. I clutch my chest where the large K is carved in my skin. God that one hurt. 

I reach the security room and glance at the familiar screen of Kacchan's room. I reach for the trashcan and remove its bag. The two guys in charge of watching the cameras were both chatting but they stopped when I entered, "No please don't stop on my account." I tie off the bag.

"Hey, kid. Wanna come see your boy? He's doing some interesting stuff." The blonde one presses a key and Kacchans voice blasts through the speakers.

"Ha! You like that you perv! Wooo! FUCK YOU!" 

I turn around and immediately turn red in the face. Kacchan was stripping for the camera. I turn away quickly, "You guys shouldn't be watching that. It's not right!"

The guy who hit the volume says and turns around, "Kid, he does this all the time. He's bored as all hell and just trying to entertain himself."

The other guy chuckles, "You should see what he will do next. You're free to stay to watch."

My curiosity was spiked but turning around and watching simply felt wrong, "What will he do next?"

"What else does a male teenager do when he's bored." They both laugh and turn back to the screens.

I grab the trash and run out of the room face still burning. The image of him burning into my brain. I don't know why seeing him like that is so different when he's breathing. But it always gets me flustered. 

I hurry along to the other rooms and empty their trash cans and check around the rooms to see what kind of cleaning they need. A lot of them hadn't been touched since I checked them yesterday. 

I push in a few chairs and make my way back upstairs to where I need to drop the trash and get to the boss' room. There are so many stairs to get back up to the main area. My legs are usually on fire by the end of the day.

I make it up and set the trash by the main door and head to the cupboard where my cleaning supplies are. Then head to the Boss' office to start cleaning. I knock on the door, "Who is it?"

"Um... Its Deku, sir. I'm here to clean the room."

"Come on in Deku. I need to talk to you." My heart drops as I open the door.

"I hope I haven't done anything wrong, sir." I walk in hesitantly with my bucket of cleaning supplies head down.

"Just the opposite. I was hoping to get to know you better. Please," he waves to the chair opposite his desk, "Sit and let us have a chat." I tentatively sit down and set the bucket down not making eye contact. "You have spiked my curiosity and I must ask. What is your quirk?"

"Well-"

"-Look at me when you are talking to me," he snapped.

I look up, "Sorry. Um, my quirk is a physical enhancement type." 

He leans forward to me, "Like All Mights?"

"N-No! I mean he's a lot more powerful than me, so we are not alike in that manner." I stutter out.

He leans back, "I want to know your connection to All Might."

Nervously I answer back, "I don't have one, sir."

"Kid, you must get better at lying. Even that plant over there knew that was bullshit."

He looks angry maybe I should tell him a more truthful lie, "He-"

"-hold it. Before you lie again I would like to let you know that I had your blood tested, and I know All Might's DNA is inside of you. So let me ask you again," He looks me dead in the eyes, "Who are you to All Might?"

Oh crap. Oh crap. Oh fucking hell, "I'm All Might's secret child." I'll just have to tell him what he wants to hear, "I didn't manifest my quirk until recently, so he has no clue who I am. So, you can't use me against him."

He leans back, a smile on his face and purple fur color brushing his cheeks, "Well, there it is. The truth comes out." He turns back to his papers and moves the beak-like mask out of the way, "I want you back here before my meeting starts. My clients would very much like to hear what you have to say." I stay sitting, awkwardly, until he glances up, "Go on, this room still needs a good clean before then."

"R-right!" Oh god, I can't believe I said that! Now I have to be at this huge meeting and I bet they are going to want everything I know. Wait maybe I can try and get something out of this? If I tell them at least something useful about All Might then I bet I can get the heat turned up in Kacchan's room, or maybe an actual mattress. At the very least I could get to see him again. I glance at the bookshelf in the corner of the room to check the dust. I bet Kacchan would like one of these. 

I need to tell them something so I can help improve his living situation. The image of him stripping flashes in my brain. And it starts to burn. At least his fire hasn't dimmed too far.