vi - truth be told

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐕𝐈:
        truth be told...

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐕𝐈:        truth be told

... september 6, 1993

𝐀𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐕𝐀 𝐈𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐘 shot up from her hospital bed, she noticed that her tears were, in fact, very real. frantically looking around, with her tears still running furiously down her cheeks, she looked for the nearest person and immediately saw harry, who was startled at her sudden outburst.

"nova? are you-"

nova pulled harry into an extremely tight hug and squeezed her eyes shut. harry sat there stiffly for a second, surprised by the contact, but wrapped his arms around the shaking girl without another moment's hesitation.

"i'm sorry," she whispers after she let him go. she didn't dare look into anyone's eyes, but she sat there looking down at her clenched hands that were shaking. her bottom lip was quivering, fresh tears still spilling down her rosy cheeks. she leaned back onto the headboard of the bed and looked up at the ceiling.

"take some chocolate," ginny offers kindly. nova hadn't even noticed that she were there. in fact, nova didn't even know who else was in the room. nova weakly reaches for a piece of chocolate, but doesn't eat it.

"what happened?" nova asked weakly. she knew what had happened, but just in case, she asked them to relay the information.

"well, you were found unconscious in the middle of a corridor, with a dementor hovering right above you, by professor lupin. he warded it off, i think. headmaster dumbledore was furious that the dementors were on the school grounds," harry rambled on.

"how long?" nova weakly questioned.

"you were out for... about a day."

still shaking, nova brings her legs up to her face and wraps her blanket around herself. she still had hot tears streaming down her cheeks, her eyes unfocused. the chocolate lay on the bedside table, uneaten. she didn't make a single sound though. as she stare absentmindedly at the window near her bed, she didn't see the looks ginny and harry shot at each other.

ginny sat down on nova's bed. "nova, you know that you can tell me everything right?" ginny says softly, with a kind look on her face. "you kept muttering something about bellatrix," she says uneasily.

"stupid dementors," nova says thickly.

nova just wiped at her eyes and didn't say anything more. ginny sighed and leaned her head on nova's shoulder. neither of them moved for a while. harry were in some kind of animated conversation nearby with someone nova didn't bother to look at and something nova didn't bother to listen in.

after a while, harry had left with his companions, that nova had come to assume were ron and hermione. nova's tears had finally stopped running, her hands stopped shaking violently, but her eyes were still unfocused. her tear stains never removed from her face. ginny and nova had just continued to sit in a peaceful silence.