ix - malfoy's manners

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐗:
           malfoy's manners...

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐗:           malfoy's manners

... november 3, 1993

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 got progressively worse as the week went by, the clouds only teasingly giving the students a light drizzle in the middle of the week before the rain and hail came crashing back down again, the sounds of thunder cracking echoing throughout the cold stone of the castle walls. raindrops the size of bullets thundered onto the castle windows for days on end -- the lake rose and the flower beds became muddy streams instead.

nova was running across the courtyard, her bag slung above her head to prevent the cold drops of rain from penetrating her already-freezing skin. in her other hand, she held her notebooks that didn't fit, her brunette locks whipping across her face, attaching to the damp skin on her forehead.

once her shoe had finally crossed over to dry land, just barely, she misjudged how much weight she had put on to her feet and her right shoe slipped across the wet pavement. letting out a small yelp, she let go of her bag and notebook, throwing it up in the air, only to have them crash back down at her head. her hands automatically went underneath her body, in hopes of catching herself. she went flying back into the rain, landing on her butt. her hands slapped roughly against the wet concrete, she letting out a groan in pain. rolling her wrists gingerly, the girl caught sight of the watch on her wrist.

"i'm going to be late!" she calls out to no one in particular, looking at her wrist. 

"need help there?" someone calls.

looking up, nova saw the comely face of her cousin; he sticking a hand out to the girl, his other arm draping his robe over his head. surprised at the sympathetic gesture, nova raised her brows. 

"you wanna help me?" she yells through the sounds of pattering rain, her hand shielding the heavy drops of hail from meeting her squinted eyes.

draco rolled his eyes, adjusting his robe that he held over his head. "just take my damn hand already!"

not wanting to sit underneath the cold rain for a second longer, she begrudgingly took his rough hand in hers, hissing as she felt the strain against her wrist.

"ahh," she groaned, rolling her wrist again. "shoot my books!" she shouted in horror, picking up the soggy pulp of what was left of her notebooks.

"here i got it!" draco shouted, snatching the book out of her hands. "just grab your bag and get  underneath the shade!"

doing as he said, the girl grabbed the strap of her bag roughly, swinging it across her shoulders  and onto her back.

she sprinted a few steps till she was underneath the roof of the tiny corridor outside, draco trailing behind her. she wrapped her tiny arms around her small shaking frame. soaking wet, draco immediately fumbles with the inside of his robes for his wand, his already freeing cold, numb fingers making the job much harder.