xi - meeting the mom

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐈:
          meeting the mom...

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐈:          meeting the mom

... november 5, 1993 

𝐍𝐎𝐕𝐀 𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 a start, her chest heaving, heart beating rapidly. yanking away the drapes on her bed, her eyes scanned wildly around the dark room. there was no immediate threat, only the sounds of the soft snores of the four other girls in her dorm that were masked by the familiar howl of the wind, the pounding of the rain. sighing, the girl rubbed her sweat away from her hairline and ran a hand down her face before checking the time: 4:56.

she fell back into the blood red pillow, pulling her blanket over her head. her heart was still pounding in her ears, her chest attempting to slow down her breaths. sleep was no longer an option, seeing as the sound of fists pounding on the window would keep her awake till the sun rose behind the dark grey clouds. she furrowed her brows, trying to remember the nightmare that haunted her, the nightmare that invaded her head.

quietly slipping out of the dorm and into the bathroom on the floor below, she turned on the tap, watching the freezing cold water rush out of the faucet. splashing the icy waters onto her sleep-deprived face, nova immediately felt more alive, more alert.

as she leaned against the basin of the sink, she stared back at her reflection. her prominent hazel-green eyes contrasted with the dark purple bruises that underlined her eyes. her hair was frizzy, acting as a messy black halo surrounding her head. her head was throbbing, her heart still pounding in her ears.

nova's life was a complete disaster. nova hated her mother because bellatrix was the primary cause of her problems. nova felt useless, just like her mother was. she was weak, afraid to build trust. she pushed people away the second they got too close to her, the negative thoughts of herself being used invading her thought process.

her hands gripped the sink tightly as her breaths became quicker and quicker. her knuckles turned white, her chest heaving once more. thousands and thousands of thoughts swarmed around her brain— racking the insides of her head. she stared back at her reflection hard, feeling weak. she hated her reflection. she hated who she was.

she needed change. 

as a sudden spurt of energy mixed in with years of pent up anger and pure loathing, nova let out a yell of rage. her fist colliding with the reflecting surface in front of her, the sound of a loud shatter similar to a gunshot rang out through the empty room, mixed in with the scream of agony from the young second year.

when the sounds of the glass shattering beneath the girl's feet had finished echoing around the empty enclosure, the entire castle was dead silent. as nova looked down at her bloodied hand, she shakily unclenched her fist, her head not wrapping around the idea of what she had just done.