long way from home

Coras POV.

i walked behind the boys, i was watching thomas go in and out of consiousness. my heart sank, i looked down. before i noticed a unfamiliar pair of boots walking next to me, i looked back up to see brenda.

"hey..." she spoke to me, i smiled a bit before responding

"hey" she smiled before she took my hand again, i didnt really know what it was like to feel close to another girl since me and teresa weren't the best of friends in the glade. we used to be but she became obsessed with thomas in the glade.

"so has it always just been you and these guys?" i guess brenda would be curious about all of this, i lowered my eyes.

"uh...no there were more of us, a lot more...but they passed away. there was another girl but we dont know where she is" my heart broke trying to explain that at least 25 of the boys who tried too escape with us died....25 brothers. 

"oh im sorry" she spoke, but i didnt want her to be sorry for me. she shouldnt be sorry for them either, they died saving others the most nobel way to die...they died for their new family. i just nodded sadness starting to grow inside me.

but a loud noise broke away my sadness and brought fear, this big helicopter thing started to get into view. it landed near us before some people in hazard looking suits came running out, they grabbed thomas from Minho.

the boys all yelled and ran after them but by the time they reached the helicopter the doors had been shut. they all banged on the doors, i stood back where i was watching, something about those people reminded me of something.

i sheilded my eyes when the helicopter thing took off making the sand around it fly everywhere, i watched it fly away, once it was out of view i sat down on the ground looking up in the direction they went.

the boys all returned back, jorge helped me up flicking his head over to a small shabby looking shack. it wasnt small inside either everyone kind of had their own space, i sat against the wall resting my head back, we'd probably walked for over 24 hours.

the city was out of view and a mountain was growing closer in the distant, i peered through the cracks in the shack, it was a make shift kind of shack....reminds me of the buildings in the glade. i looked back to see all the boys asleep even jorge and brenda.

Newts head was laying on my lap, his breathing was smooth and slow...like a child, i moved my hand through his hair. he shuffled around a bit, his eyes opened a bit as he reached up and played with my hair.

"night newtie" he nodded before he shut his eyes again, he intertwined our hands just before he did. i leaned my head back against the wall and shut my eyes. images of chuck flashed through my eyes, he was smiling and running around...Alby was there telling him off, i was back in the glade in this dream.

i looked around, i saw Ben and Minho running back in from the maze, seconds later thomas came through too. Newt was in the gardens planting and weeding, he smiled at me before waving. i walked to the kitchen and saw Frypan trying to be like one of those fancy chefs...then something came right through my stomach, a griever claw. 

i woke up with heavy breaths, there was a loud sound coming from outside. i noticed that the boys were all waking up to, Minho was the first up running outside with all of us following. Brenda and Jorge were the last out of the door.

we all saw that thomas was on the ground, we looked up at the helicopter thing...i smiled up to them before mouthing a thank you just in case they could see. thomas was up and we all ran into the shack. Brenda seemed unimpressed with thomas and thomas kept glancing at her, i nudged Minho and nodded over to thomas and brenda.

"lovers fight?" i asked he laughed a bit before disgusing it as a cough.

"yeah they were like this when we rescued them from those cranks" i smiled before i got back onto the ground looking at thomas' shoulder. those people must've had proper doctors unlike us. Newt and Minho curled up again.

i followed suit except i decided to sleep next to brenda, probably have some quality girl talk, unlike the conversations thomas has tried to have with me.

"so brenda...thomas huh?" she shook her head when i slid down next to her, i laughed.

"i agree he is a slinthead. so whats up with you two?" i smirked, she looked down before shaking her head i held my hands up.

"i understand, boys can be jerks and inconsiderate sometimes" she looked up to me smiling, i raised my eyebrows and gestured to all the boys.

"i should know" i smiled slumping down next to her as we rested on each others shoulders. i liked brendas smell, she smelt like a woman unlike me probably.

"night brenda"

"night cora" and with our good nights our breaths slowed down and we both doozed off. when i woke up it was only a couple minutes later, the sickly feeling was crawling up my throught. i quietly stepped outside and walked a bit away from the shack.

i held my stomach and was sick, my body was feeling weak from losing a lot of fluids. i hadn't had water for ages, but i couldnt complain cause the boys hadnt either they probably felt just as weak as me.

i tried to walk back over to the shack but y vision started to turn white, i managed to reach the shacks wall, i bent over trying to calm down. i knocked on the wall before i lost my grip falling over.

"Newt!" i called out as i fell, luckily i fell on my back. but my body didnt want to do anything anymore so i just let the whiteness take over my body. it felt like sleep...deep sleep, i heard Newt calling my name but i just couldnt do anything. 

later i woke up and it was Night time so everyone wasnt in the shake, when i woke up i saw Newt, i smiled and reached out to him. as soon as he realized i was awake he hugged me tightly, he helped me stand and walk out to the others.

"hey guys" i spoke with broken words thanks to my dry throught. they all ran in and hugged me i laughed feeling a lot more energy than before.

"nice to see ya muchacho, but we better head over to those mountains if we want to reach your dead line" i nodded and Newt put me on his back as we started walking.

"newt i feel better you can put me down you know. im probably heavy with the extra weight you know" he laughed and let me down holding my hand. Minho and thomas were walking behind us talking, Minho teasing thomas that he obviously did something wrong during sex to make brenda that upset. thomas always claimed he didnt do anything of the sort, only resulting in all 3 of us to laugh at him.

****

A/N i leave in a couple of days, ill try update there but i wont have my laptop. so i probably wont cause writing on the ipad or phone is shit. so on the 8th until the 19th you probably wont have any but as soon as im back my imagination bar will be 100% full and you could possibly get 2 a day. until then though ill try update every day