S1 - Distance

Adora's eyes widen as she saw Catra. The feline had bruises on her thighs and arms, a medium sized cut across her stomach which was bleeding. Shadow Weaver would beat Catra..but never draw blood. Wh-why does Catra look like she's used to it? Did she do this more than once? Adora thought. Catra had been leaning against the wall, on the verge of tears. Her miss-matched eyes looking at the floor.

"Catra? Are you okay?" Adora's dumb mouth said. Of course Catra wasn't okay. She wouldn't be on the verge of crying if she was okay. Catra never cries.

Catra mumbled something before walking off, her arms hugging her stomach to avoid it bleeding more. She was heading to the locker room, where a single first aid kit was there. She picked up the half-empty first aid kid, opening it up and getting out a bandage. Catra didn't even wash off the wound, she just wrapped the bandage around her stomach.

.

.

.

Adora watched Catra walked away, with a concerned look. She tried to reach out to Catra, but knew her best friend all too well. Catra was the type of person to act, then think later. The blonde went to the 'dorm' area she was assigned to when she was little, sitting on the bottom bunk. She laid down on the bed, the first thing she noticed was the drawing Catra and her drew when they were little.

"What if.. me and Catra left the Horde." Adora couldn't help but mumble to herself. She shook the thought out of her head, the Horde was her home. She couldn't leave it.

Adora heard faint footsteps, she recognized those swift, graceful footsteps. It was Catra's. She turned her head, Adora's misty blue eyes meeting Catra's blue and yellow one's. The feline went to her bunk, which was right above Adora's. The blonde remembered the sword she found, and was literally laying on top of it. She sat up, picking up the sword and getting out of her bunk. In attempt to cheer Catra up, Adora would show her a sharp object. The two shared an interest in weapons. The blonde sat on the top bunk, next to Catra.

"Hey, wanna see a sword I found in the woods?" Adora asked, showing Catra the sword.

"Cool." Catra said, showing no interest, her heterochromia eyes looking at the sword.

"Okay- that's not working." Adora said under her breath, putting the sword away, "What did Shadow Weaver do to you?"

"I think you can figure that out." the feline said, looking at Adora with a straight face.

"Okay yeah.." the blonde said quietly, then adding, "What did she say to you then?"

Catra was quiet, then spoke out, "She said," her voice got quieter, ",that I'm only here because you're fond of me. She says that a lot."

Adora was left dumbfounded, her mouth opened, trying to say something.. but she couldn't. Her eyes saddened, the first thing she did was hug Catra. Affection was something that was looked down on in the Horde, that and showing literally any emotions other than rage. Although others would do anything possible to avoid this, Adora and Catra were a whole different situation. They'd constantly  hang out with each other, pinning each other, making jokes, whispering about.. you know, whatever.

Catra purred a bit when Adora hugged her, she always did this when Adora and her hugged each other. It was just a cat thing. What was not a cat thing though was when Catra's tail would hug Adora's waist, bringing her closer. Adora thought it was a cat thing though, meaning that they were fond of the person.. yeah Catra was fond of Adora. Maybe a bit too fond of her.