S2 - Aftermath

"The longest time I'd be on hiatus would only be a month or two." -Yazyie's famous last words before disappearing for 4-5 months.

—————————————————————————

Hordak was furious. Could it be because the fight ended in tie, and the Horde didn't win? Or could it be because half his soldiers were injured to the point where they couldn't do basic training? What a surprise, it was both.

Training had gotten a lot more strict. Everyone was so tired that by the end of the day, they could simply close their eyes only to wake up a week later. Shadow Weaver would make sure everyone was following all of Hordak's rules, keeping a close eye on Adora, as she always seemed to be the star cadet.

Catra, Adora, and Scorpia would have become the main trio by now. As, they wouldn't hang out with Lonnie, Kyle, and Rogelio anymore. Not like they could. With the force captains getting more and more tasks to do, their schedules were overwhelming. But it was fine though. Friendships in the Horde were never stable. It was even expected at this point.

Everyone got free time though. It may have been short, but it was there. Adora would always over work herself, ignoring her free time. Catra would take all the time she could get to be as lazy as she could be. While Scorpia would either laze around with Catra, or make tea and chat with the feline.

"Come on Adora." Catra nagged, her arms around Adora's, "Why can't you just relax? We don't get this free time every day."

It was true, the cadets would get free time everyday, for the force captains, it depended on how much they got done.

And as much as Adora hated to just say no to Catra, as she was her dearest and closest friend, she had to. "Catra, you know I can't risk it."

"Risk what?" The feline had let go of Adora's arms at this point, and was now crossing her arms. "Training for hours upon hours, getting so tired you can just pass out?"

Adora looked at Catra for a bit, before sighing in defeat. "Fine. But we better not take long."

The brunette smiled , as she was satisfied with her friend's answer. She then grabbed Adora's wrist and dragged her to where they would play as kids. Nothing seemed to change about the empty area. Maybe a few boxes got moved around, maybe the wires were hanging lower than what they remembered.

Adora scanned the room, happy with how familiar it was. It brought fond memories to both girls. Adora gave a knowing look to Catra, who smirked back before the two started dashing to the wires. From there they would attempt to safely make it to the end by swinging wire from wire, like they did as children.

The feline had won this 'contest'. Before Adora could even open her mouth to say she wanted a rematch, Catra started to happily laugh when she realized how she won. That struck Adora's heart, not in a bad way, but the blonde girl was sure her heart had stopped.

To Adora, Catra's laughter was basically the most angelic thing she had ever heard. But she couldn't show that she thinks that way. So to hide her now reddened cheeks Adora had to completely face the wall. The feline had stopped laughing by now, but she was sure smiling.

"What's wrong, Adora?" Catra asked, her voice clearly showing that she was going to mess with the blonde girl.

Adora took a deep breath, then turned around to face her friend, "Nothing."

"Oh." Her friend responded, "Y'know, I had thought you were just being a sore loser and was sulking in the corner. But I guess not."

"Oh ha-ha." Adora responded sarcastically. No venom was behind any of their words. They were playing around.

The blonde looked around the room, attempting to find another thing her and Catra could do. Catra on the other hand, was just looking straight at Adora. Her eyes are pretty, She simply thought. It was odd how the two weren't in a relationship. Though, we all know the reason(s) why they haven't confessed already.

One of the reasons was Shadow Weaver, who was watching Adora and Catra through her magical cauldron.

"Such foolish children." She spat.

"Why does Adora keep going back to that little brat?" The vile woman asked herself, only glancing at their surroundings. Everything seemed normal, fine, Catra wasn't exactly doing anything wrong, neither was Adora. But this interaction didn't give Shadow Weaver satisfaction.

As she was looking at their expressions, the way they interacted, things slowly started becoming clear. Catra's a clear distraction, I mustn't let Adora get distracted, Shadow Weaver thought.

But, of course, if Shadow Weaver were to do anything, it had to be out of Adora's sight in order for there to be no suspicion. The sorcerer had her ways, it was rather cruel, but it was useful. Her plans were definitely going to involved a bit more manipulation. It's not like she hasn't done that before.

——————————————————————————-
A/N: Aaand, I'm back! This chapter is rather short, but I can promise you that this new season will have more action and drama! But I'll make sure to balance stuff out. I don't plan on establishing any relationships right now, as those need to develop.

And for my lovely friends who know I'm meant to be on break, I don't count Wattpad as a social media, I can learn stuff here.

As always, stay safe and healthy, until next time!

Word Count: 938