5

"Let's have a ball."

Dion POV

  "Hey , who's jacket is that?" Dira asked. "It's Carlo's. He let me borrow it since it was cold last night. I'm surprised you didn't notice it last night." I said as I sat up in the bed. "I just thought you bought it while you was out." She said shrugging. "You and Carlo huh?" She said with her eyebrow raised. "Aht aht. Don't do that." I said as she gave me a surprised look. "Do what?"

  "Every time you say me and so and so, the second person mentioned always does some dumb shit. Besides, me and him are just getting to know each other as friends. I can't be sitting around here waiting for you all day." I laughed as she nodded her head. "Good point. How was work?" She said changing the subject. "It was cool. I'm starting to get the hang of things now.  Surprised my manger when I spoke Spanish. Looks like those classes paid off." I said high fiving her.

  "That's my best friend right there! That's good though.  So you're only working 3 days correct?" I nodded my head. "Nothing more.  I made a few tips as well.  He said we could keep them or put it on our tip jar. You know me." I said as she put her earrings on. "What's in our hand is ours." She said our motto.  "Exactly.  You look cute. Where are you going?" I asked as I took a look at her outfit. "Joaquin wanted to hang out after class today so that's where I'll be later. I couldn't just show up looking like anything." She said as I nodded.

  "Well I'm glad you are having a good time. Imma need him to cool out with all this hanging out. He cutting into my time." I said as she laughed. "True. I'll let him know that too." She said before waving and leaving out the house. I decided to just lounge around today. I grabbed my phone from the room and turned on the living room TV. I got a text from Carlo. 'Just making sure you'll respond' he said. 'Now why wouldn't I do that? ' I questioned. 'See previous message' he said as I laughed. 'Now just be petty.' 'You asked a question so I answered. What are you doing today?' 'Nothing just watching TV. You' I sent as I changed the channel to something more interesting. 

  'Gotta work. Wish I could hang out with you though. I had fun last night.' he said as I smiled. 'Well you gotta make money. Besides I don't want you to get in trouble because of me. Go to work.' I said as I finally decided on a show to watch. 'I don't want to but you have a point. I'll text you when I'm done, granted if it's not too late.' he said as I simply responded OK. "I think I'm gonna like this." I said as Lucifer played on TV.

  Two Weeks Later.

  "You finished all your work?" I asked Dira as she came downstairs. "Yup finally. You on your way to work?" she asked as I nodded. "Want anything?" "Yeah, some more of that soup. I don't know what y'all put in there but I can't get enough." she said as I laughed. I knew exactly what she meant because I'm the same way with the pie. I slipped on Carlo's jacket as I walked out the door. "There he is." Raul said as I walked. "Nah, when you say that, you need something." I said laughed as I went to clock in before returning. "Nothing this time. The customers were asking about you that's all." he said with his hands up. 

  "Honest." he added as I laughed. "OK cool. Well let's get down to business." I said taking over the front as he went to fulfill the other orders. "Hi. How can I help you?" I asked as this handsome guy came to the register. As he was placing his order, I saw Carlo walking in, causing me to smile. "I was also wondering if I could have your number?" he said as I blushed. I definitely wasn't used to people being this direct. "Other people are trying to order." Carlo said a bit irritated. I rung the guy up as he slid me a piece of paper with what I'm guessing was his number. 

  "Don't be afraid to hit me up." he said smiling as he left. It was now Carlo's turn to order. "What can I get for you?" I said with a huge kool aid smile. "Just a coffee bar and decaf." he said coldly while not even giving me eye contact. Not gonna lie, that stung. "Will that be all sir?" I said smiling again, hoping he'd see my face. "Oh and could you hand me my jacket back? I kinda left my other one at home and I gotta work tonight." he said with the same cold verbiage. "Uh sure just gimme a second to finish this customer and I'll bring everything." I said feeling salty. "Hey you OK?" Raul asked as I turned around.