[10]

Rose was observing the scenery outside when suddenly the door opened. 

  There stood Ron, "Anyone sitting here? Everywhere else is full." 

  'Good to know I'm your last option.' Rose thought, mentally chuckling since she guessed Ron was just trying to be polite.

   Rose shook her head and Ron sat down, but he still looked at her discretely, pretending to enjoy the scenery. 

  "Hey, Ron." And the twins were back. "Listen, we're going down the middle of the train- Lee Jordan's got a giant tarantula down there!" The twins exclaimed together with a big grin on their face.

  "Right.." mumbled Ron. "Rose," And like that, Rose's attention was on the twins. "Did we introduce ourselves? We're Fred and George Weasley. And this is Ron, our brother. See you later, then." "Bye." Said Rose and Ron, but they had already left.

  "Are you really Rose Potter?" Ron blurted out. Rose nodded. "Oh- well, I thought it might be one of Fred and George's jokes," admitted Ron. "And have you really got the, you know?" Ron pointed at Rose's forehead. 

  "What?" Rose asked confused. "The scar.." Ron whispered as if other people were listening. Rose snorted and pulled up her bangs to show the lightning scar. Ron stared, with a pink tint to his cheeks. "Wicked.."

  "So that's where You-Know-Who-?" The two were in a deep conversation. "Yes," said Rose "but I can't remember it." She added quickly. "Well- I remember a lot of green light, but nothing else." She admitted. 

   "Wow." said Ron, he sat admiring Rose for a moment, then as though he realized what he was doing, he looked out the window again.

  "Are all your families wizards?" Asked Rose, who found Ron as interesting as Ron found her. "Er- yes, I think so. I think mum's got a second cousin who's an accountant, but we never talk about him." Ron answered. 

  "I heard you went to live with muggles," said Ron. "What are they like?" he asked. 

  "Horrible- well, not all of them. My uncle's and cousin are, though. Wish I'd had four wizard brothers." Rose sighed. "Seven," said Ron. For some reason, he was looking gloomy. 

  "I'm the sixth in our family to go to Hogwarts. You could say I've got a lot to live up to. Bill and Charlie have already left- Bill was head boy and Charlie was captain of Quidditch. Now Percy's a prefect. Fred and George mess around a lot, but they still get really good marks and everyone thinks they're really funny. Ginny is the youngest and most treasured of the family, but even so she's always been very good at everything she does. Everyone expects me to do as well as the others, but if I do, it's no big deal, because they did it first. You never get anything new, either, with five older brothers. I've got Bill's old robes. Charlie's old wand, and Percy's old rat." 

  Ron reached deep inside his pocket and pulled out a fat gray rat which was asleep. "Pathetic isn't he?" Ron asked. Rose shook her head. "I find him cute." She shrugged and smiled at him.

  "His name's Scabbers and he's useless. He hardly ever wakes up. Percy got an owl from my dad for being made a prefect, but they couldn't aff- I mean, I got Scabbers instead." Ron's ears went pink. 

  He seemed to think he'd said too much, because he went back to staring out the window. Rose didn't think there was anything wrong with not being able to afford an owl. After all, she never had any money in her life until a month ago, she told Ron so, all about Dudley's old clothes and never getting proper birthday presents. 

  This seemed to cheer Ron up. ". . . And until Hagrid told me, I didn't know anything about being a wizard or about my parents, not even Voldemort-" Ron gasped.