Chapter 5

It's been a while since I first came here. Many events happened: discovered who's the real founder of Gravity Falls, chased by a bunch of gnomes, time travelled, spend my time with the twins and I also met Bill, I live with him now. Hey, don't get me wrong! It's our deal's sake.

It was night. I'm in my bed and still awake. My phone can't help me to fall asleep. I stared at the ceiling as the ceiling stared me back. I move around and stared at the window. The moon shone so bright as the stars scattered in the deep night sky, thinking what will happen next? I was drowning in my never-ending thoughts when I heard someone called me.

"Sunflower?" Bill suddenly appeared in my room. I hummed in response.

"I heard your thoughts, are you okay?" He sat at the edge of my bed. I looked back at the window and thought that was nice of him to ask.

"Just can't sleep," I mumbled.

"And worried what will happen to me in the future." I looked at him and saw his eye softened. It made me smile a little.

"Just focus on your present while you create your tomorrow." He said.

"Wow, that's really a motivation. I'm shocked, that was nice for you to say." I chuckled.

"Is it bad to be nice to you?"

"You're a demon, aren't you?"

"It doesn't mean that a demon needs to be bad all the time."

"And who said that?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Me." He smiled smugly.

"Are you really sure you just want to protect me? Because I'm certainly sure you want something from me. What do you want? To manipulate me? To use me as your pawn? I don't care now." I shifted the topic. I let out my one of my deepest thoughts as the night deepens. I looked at the moon again, not wanting to see his reaction. Silence filled the air, assuming I was right.

"You're one of the most brilliant meatsacks I've ever seen." He chuckled. I sighed at his flattery.

"What do you want from me?" I asked softly.

"Nothing." What a lie.

"Can you please stop lying? I can sense it's a stupid white lie." He sighed.

"Maybe I was wrong to underestimate you. Since you step in Gravity Falls, I knew you're interesting, you've got something that the rest of the town don't have. You're different and one of a kind. I just want to learn about you. I am sorry." He admitted and apologized. I strangely felt his guilt. I just chuckled.

"Did you just apologized to me? A demon?" I said in disbelief.

"Yes, what will you do about it?"

"I just hope you're being honest."

"I am." I looked at him once again and smiled. I suddenly felt my eyelids are heavy. The darkness invades within like I fell into the abyss.

I woke up. I was sitting on the bench in the middle of the sunflower field. It was beautiful and sunny. The wind blows as the sunflower dances.

"Enjoying the scenery, Sunflower?" He suddenly appeared.

"Where are we?" I asked him.

"We're in your dream. I decided to visit you. He sat next to me. I put my head on his shoulders and closed my eyes.

"Really, Sunflower? You can do whatever you want in this dream and you just want to sleep?"

"I'm just checking If I can dream in my dream." I smirked while my head is still on his shoulders.