Cops Are Understanding

I cried the entire time I explained my story. The lady seemed to understand. She sat me down at the table and made me a warm cup of hot chocolate while she called the cops.

They arrived shortly after to hear my story. I explained how I had just been walking down the street when the man tried to kidnap me. They wrote down everything I said.

About ten minutes later, some other cops knocked on the door and said they found the suspect. They asked me to confirm whether he was the man or not.

Since I hadn't seen the man in the light, I wouldn't really be able to tell. The man had paramedics bandaging his side. It was obviously him, even if I didn't know what he looked like.

"Look, okay? I didn't do nothing. I jus' offered lil' missy a ride and she lashed out! I jus' tryna be nice!" The man was trying to lie to the cops.

"Do you recognize the man?" asked the cop.

"I recognize the shoes. I didn't get to see his face," I said.

"What kind of pencil do you use? What does it look like?" the cop asked me.

"It's a wooden pencil and it has lemon designs on it."

"That's a match. Cuff 'em boys!"

The man was handcuffed after he was bandaged. He was then loaded into the police vehicle. The man groaned as the door was shut.

"We're going to call your family and let them know what happened," the cop said.

I nodded. My head felt strange and my eyes felt heavy. I shut my eyes and let my head fall back into the blackness.

The rest of me followed.