sucker&weirdo

"your presence was like rain and suddenly the thunderstorms didn't shake me"

𖣔𖣔𖣔

Mornings never agreed with 18year old Maira Sen. Especially Monday mornings.

"Monday mornings should be declared as a serious public health hazard." Maira groaned under her breath as her mother pulled her out of the bed as she had done for the past 18 years.

At this point, Maira was convinced an alarm clock was nothing compared to her mother's hands that were always cold from the dishes she did in the morning.

Groggily and extremely reluctantly, she picked her body up like a helpless bag of potatoes that had no intention of movement.

Her raven hair braided in a now unkempt version of the original braid, with baby hairs popping up from everywhere on her head, fell over her very dear Harry Potter tshirt.

"Wouldn't trade this for the world." she said looking at her dearest piece of garment in the mirror.

Morning showers...ughhh.

She had used this phrase every  morning she stepped into her bathroom, for as long as she could remember.

She took a shower quicker than the Accio spell brought objects, slipped into her sweatshirt featuring her favourite quote,

"The marks humans leave are too often scars."

Anybody who doesn't know where the quote was from was instantly labelled a "bozo" by Maira.

She read books and pretty much lived in them. Oh and also her vinyl collection she shared with her father.

Fast forward, like every morning this morning too, the Sen household was filled with the regular agitated cries of the mother yelling at her daughter for she hadn't hurried enough and was late and...

... the father being oblivious of the situation as the world described in the newspapers seemed much less stressful than the females of the house bickering.

And obviously Maira's hand was throwing itself in every direction it could reach to find her needed belongings

"Lunch!" Maira heard a yell as she made her way into the driveway.

As she backed up her steps to grab her lunch she heard mother mumbling under her breath what seemed like a daily complaint of how lazy she was.

At this point , it didn't even affect her and both the mother and daughter were aware of it, sad but true.

Running on the streets, a ear full of her favourite tunes, Maira heard a muffled but familiar yell making it's way through the tunes into her ear, one she had heard every morning now, followed by another familiar sound; tapping of skateboard end to the streets.

"Weirdo!"Marco Val yelled at his bestfriend, an unnecessary move to grab her attention; after all both of them knew it all along that Maira would notice.

Can't help but notice a dork on skateboard, now can she? Especially if it's her bestfriend.

Marco Val, the 18 year old male counterpart of Maira who happened to be her bestfriend too, was a ginger haired boy with fairly hostile looks but had a polar opposite attitude.

It was wildly surprising how similar they were.

Oh he had another bestfriend too, his skateboard, and went with Marco everywhere, except the bathroom obviously.

Stepping on his skateboard, he moved closer to Maira as she greeted him, "Hey sucker"; perfect nicknames.

"Getting yelled by your mom again weirdo?" Marco said with a mirth brightening up his face that was paler than paper.

Maira nodded her head in agreement to this.

A rather attractive feature about Marco was his snow-like complexion that made his face light up everytime he spoke; his face was paler than most people, almost the colour of snow which made his lips look like fresh blood stains smeared on snow.

A spray of freckles dotted his face; it faded as he grew up and one of Maira's fondest memories was playing connect-the-dots on his face whilst he slept during classes.

And his ginger hair resembled the first rays of the morning sun on the snow clad mountain top-like face of his.

He was a scenery waiting to be painted.

As for Maira, she wasn't anything special but the entirety of her beauty was enthralling.

Her brown doe eyes, her raven hair that brushed her back in a perfect motion and her wheatish skin that would complete her beauty in a way not even words could describe.

Her eyes wore the sea of undisturbed tears perfectly and the curve of her lips sat peacefully and perfectly placed on her heart shaped face.

And her hair was the perfect length and colour.

Her beauty was a painter's job to elucidate, for only colours could really do justice to her ability to present the ordinary in a breathtaking manner.

“I hated how they ended CAOS season 2, it's unfair”Maira whined; cliffhangers belonged to the long list of things that didn't agree with her, right below Monday mornings.

“Don't complain weirdo, we wouldn't have a season 3 without it. That's the whole point of a cliffhanger; keeping the show going.”Marco replied to her best friends incessant whines and complains.

He grabbed a earphone off Maira's ear and put it in his ear in an attempt to make sure she was listening to him.

Marco could stand everyone ignoring him except Maira.

And Maira never protested to this attempt.

“ I can't believe we're about to finish highschool, seems so weird doesn't it?” Maira said out of nowhere.

“For a weirdo like you, everything is weird but yes, it's been one crazy journey, thanks to you.” Marco replied, doing a small skateboard stunt.

“Hey, I made highschool bearable and enjoyable for you. Your weird ass could never.” Maira replied with a grin.

“Sure ma'am.”Marco replied mockingly.

This earned him a playful slap on his arm from Maira.

And the rest of the short journey to their highschool was filled with conversations only they could enjoy for their happiness was unique.

None of them knew that the summer that would follow be the best and the most eventful summer of their lives.

Also the last summer they spent together, before they went their own ways.

They were aware of that and everytime it crossed their minds, it stung a bit more than the last time it had crossed.

𖣔𖣔𖣔