stalk the jock?

"you were dangerous,
But you were different around me
And that was my greatest peace"

𖣔𖣔𖣔

"Stop staring at Tristan, weirdo." Marco said to Maira in a hushed voice, so that their teacher Mr.Faulkner who looked pretty grumpy today, wouldn't notice and hand them a detention.

"I'm not staring, I'm just seeing, I mean I was just—" Maira's vain attempt to explain her rather unhealthy obsession with the brown haired, blue eyed, athletic classmate of hers was cut short by Marco.

"Geez— you're drooling. Wipe it." Marco said in a rather exaggerated manner handing her a tissue.

Maira slapped his hand away and went back to staring at the guy she's had a crush since the last two years, only this time she hoped nobody noticed, especially Marco.

It only meant a day-long of tease.

"You're doing it again weirdo. I caught you."Marco said hushed, as though he had won a bet.

"Fine, I'll stop." Maira said disgusted and Marco was almost sure she called him a "dick" under the irritated groan.

Geography was boring and so was Mr.Faulkner, more so because he hated Maira and Marco for reasons they never knew.

Maira counted the minutes until the bell rang.

Hours were drawn into days for Maira in geography classes.

Finally the bell rang relieving her of the hideous torture called 'Geography'.

"You've been crushing on Tristan Waters for two years now, just go and ask him out already." Marco told Maira, giving her a playful slap on her shoulder.

"He probably doesn't even know I exist. There's no point." Maira replied.

"That's not true, I mean you're practically the wallflower in the party so bet he knows you by that. I don't know how you even get invited."Marco replied cheekily.

"Atleast I get invited."Maira replied, equally cheeky

"You write their essays, it's a favor they do. It isn't a valid invitation weirdo."

"Whatever."

Bottom line Maira had been crushing majorly on Tristan Waters, the overtly popular starboy of the school.

And Marco enjoyed seeing her stalking him and being a goofball around him.

Tristan Waters went from the braces clad teethed adorable kid to the immensely hot and popular jock.

Playing in quarterback position, dating cheerleaders and being the favorite of every teacher for being a model pupil, Tristan was the star student.

As for Maira, she was loved by the teachers and Marco only. Pretty much invisible. But she was content with her anonymity.

"It's gonna be a difficult few months before summer."Maira thought to herself as they walked the hallways.

"I can bet my entire art collection and video games that you're never gonna be able to tell Waters that you like him. Atleast not in this lifetime." Marco remarked with a soft chuckle.

Maira's brain chimed, she always envied Marco's video games collection and this was the chance to get it.

"It's on." Maira replied with a smirk.

𖣔𖣔𖣔

A/N: It's a short chapter, sort of filler but it's important. Hope you enjoy it!