Moonrise

"This changes everything."

"So this is it, the egg of the dragon prince?" Callum asked closing in on the egg.

I gave a warning growl.

"And is that the dragon princess?!"

"I can't believe it. If they both live then..."

"Maybe they could stop the war!"

Rayla approached the egg and I backed off. She kneeled down in front of it and watched it glow. the child put his hand on the egg and I snapped at him.

"(Y/n) it's okay, I won't let anything happen to either of you," Rayla said.

I allowed the boy to touch the egg. While doing so, he said:

"He's okay in there. I can feel it," and indeed he could. I could feel it too.

Rayla smiled at the boy.

"But how?" he stammered "Why wasn't it destroyed? why wasn't she killed?" he said pointing at me. I glared at him

"No offense," He added.

I saw a shadow approach the stairs and I growled as I jumped in front of the egg and used my body to protect it. As I did, Rayla turned around too and drew her swords.

"Because my father saved them!" A girl yelled from the staircase. "Callum, Ezran, get behind me I can protect you from them."

"He didn't save us!" I snaped, "he took us from our home!"

Ezran was the only one who understood what I said.

"Your father didn't save them, he stole them!"

"That's a lie!"

"Then Claudia, why are they here?"

"My father took them to protect us, Callum, so the elves and dragons couldn't use them."

"What are you talking about? how can we 'use' them?"

"Don't play dumb! you know they are powerful weapons!"

"They aren't weapons, they are dragons, and one of them is just an egg."

The girl turned to Ezran .

"Ezran, do not be afraid. Walk towards me and if they move even an inch..."

She began casting a spell in the air. Seeing this, I got on guard in front of Rayla and prepared my throat for a blast while growling.

"Just bring that thing here."

"It's not a thing."

"Yeah, he's my brother!" I roared.

"It has a mother and it has to go back to her."

"You're right, it wants its mother."

"Ezran be careful!"

"Kid, you know what the right thing to do is...we need to go back to Xadia"

The kid looked at me, then at the egg and then at Rayla.

"Follow me," he said turning around and running away. As commanded, me and Rayla turned tail and followed.

"Don't worry, I wont hit Ez," I heard from behind me. I ignored it and kept running.

There was some struggle, and a few more screams heard, but I couldn't focus on that at the moment, my freedom was so close. Callum reached us soon after but he did so with wolves on his tail.

"There's something after us," he said once he was with us.

"Keep running!" me and Rayla said, as we turned around to fight whatever was chasing us.